Cats

• 1 Replies

wapello

• Experienced Member
Cats
« on: September 19, 2020, 09:10 »
The the old problem is back, cats mucking in my raised beds again so after two days of this [i have one cat
one side and two the other side of me plus the odd fox] my raised beds outside have two thin stainless wires right around the top stapled  10mm apart linked together same with the beds in the tunnel and all conected to a 12 volt battery have not had a problem with slugs / snails when they touch both wires job done got that off youtube, back to the cats about two years ago i got two yard enforcers from the usa they are pir active without going into the ins and outs of how they work just have a look on youtube and you will see how they work , and i have nothing to do with the company at all,, two nights ago the lady with one cat got a soakingand she has her bedrom window ajar for the cat to jump on to her flat roof  then the sill to go in and out.
The next day i saw her mid morning she said must rained hard in the night queenie came in soaked, i said to her she must have been about to muck on veg beds and the sprinklers i got down there must  of soak her
she did not like that one bit in fact she called the  rspca and told them i chucked a bucket of water over her cat, the bloke came out and said  ive been reported to them, i ask when this happened [wait for it]  next door said her cat came in AT 3 AM i asked this mooron if he thinks im walking around Ryde with two buckets of water at 3am looking for cats, i showed him the sprinklers then asked him to leave my garden shut the gate and went back to front door i told him to have a look at rspca web page and there in black and white  they recomend sprinklers as one of the ways to keep cats out,look it up on your phone then go next door have a word with her for wasting your time and send her a bill for it, he sat in his van looking  down at his phone maybe  then talking on it then got out and went next door.  For Crying out loud 3 AM
Colin

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Cats
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 11:08 »
Cats can be a problem when the do antisocial things in neighbours gardens  :(

I keep my raised beds netted and I have a catwatch which keeps all but deaf cats out of my garden and stop them from treating my bird bath as a fast food joint.  My son had one of the sprinkler deterrents to keep badgers away from their chicken run.  They do seem to work - after a few shocks they are intelligent enough to keep away.

xx
Cats

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post April 02, 2023, 18:36
by wighty

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 37 queries.