Sex....ism

• 27 Replies

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Sex....ism
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2020, 00:10 »
Perhaps not the violence bit eh...  I think we frown upon that as much as swearing on the forums.

al78

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2020, 00:57 »
Like Snowdrop, perhaps this man has got learning difficulties as well.  !!   

I get tired of hearing this trotted out, as though it is some sort of excuse. Why is it learning difficulties only ever seem to make people nasty. Why have I never heard of a learning difficulty making someone exceptionally nice?

jezza

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2020, 06:16 »
Hello just say yo those who are plaging you I didn't recognise you with you clothes on if you see them on the street with there other half they have a lot of explaining to do   jezza

eliop

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2020, 08:06 »
Perhaps not the violence bit eh...  I think we frown upon that as much as swearing on the forums.

Yeah, violence is not the answer. As previous poster said, we don't want comeback - and, besides, it's better for general atmosphere if I brush it off.

...I did swear on the plot the other day. Completely unrelated. A quiet swear while chatting to mate in NHS. I shouldn't swear on the plot. I imagine if I do anything out of line these guys will merrily point it out. *Sigh.

I agree that having a learning disability doesn't justify sexual harassment. These guys don't have learning disabilities. They're just morons. Completely different.

Urgh...what a depressing post. I'm really sorry about posting something miserable, but I really appreciate the supportive comments....things feel a bit more hurtful during this lockdown so nice to have a bunch to hold my hand through this pettiness

At least rain is forcast! My plot is parched
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 08:11 by eliop »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2020, 09:25 »
Eliop what you are experiencing at your plot is not OK.  Just because there is at least one on every site, that still doesn't make it OK, so please don't apologise for finding it all a bit wearisome to deal with.

But ... it is the odd one and the vast majority of people are not like this and would not like to see anyone creeped on or upset by ignorant comments made by an idiot.  That is why you have support.  It is always 'the one' we remember, but they are outnumbered  ;)  :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 11:16 »
You’re in a safe place here, eliop!

Never think that you can’t have a moan to us. We will always try to help  :D

Nobbie

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2020, 10:00 »
What is a joke to one person can be offensive to another. If the joke is offensive, it has failed as a joke.

Unfortunately some people don't give a toss, and older people become set in their ways and refuse to change their attitudes, even when those attitudes can be shown to be wrong. Unfortunately you can't control other people, so the only thing you can do is ignore him. If he violates your rights and/or deliberately bullies you then report him to the committee, or, if you have a decent sized husband, ask him to smash his face in.

"Old school" is not a validation for acting like a **can't insert the word I would like as it would violate forum rules**.

Am I missing something here? We have a post suggesting serious physical violence and it is endorsed by “likes” from an Administrator and the Global Moderator :(

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2020, 10:39 »
I think we have already said that we don’t condone violence, Nobbie.

al78

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2020, 12:23 »
What is a joke to one person can be offensive to another. If the joke is offensive, it has failed as a joke.

Unfortunately some people don't give a toss, and older people become set in their ways and refuse to change their attitudes, even when those attitudes can be shown to be wrong. Unfortunately you can't control other people, so the only thing you can do is ignore him. If he violates your rights and/or deliberately bullies you then report him to the committee, or, if you have a decent sized husband, ask him to smash his face in.

"Old school" is not a validation for acting like a **can't insert the word I would like as it would violate forum rules**.

Am I missing something here? We have a post suggesting serious physical violence and it is endorsed by “likes” from an Administrator and the Global Moderator :(

It was tongue in cheek, not a literal suggestion. Behind it, there is a frustration that morons and bullies don't get comeback for their actions, and they know this, so continue being morons and bullies. This is why sometimes I think that if morons and bullies were to receive significant physical pain as a consequence, there would be fewer morons and bullies in society. At the moment, they have license to upset who they like, because you can't retailate directly, and if you call them out verbally, you are accused of not having a sense of humour. It makes me very annoyed that a so called civilised society allows this :mad:.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2020, 13:41 »
I’m not sure history upholds that opinion, al78.  :(

eliop

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2020, 14:00 »

I took it to be tongue in cheek, but that's your point right? - One man's humour is another man's dross. Fact is, I'm not going to act like a thug and start busting out the big guns. And I bet the old pervs aren't going to actually act on their comments either.

Bottom line: live and let live. Cr*p humour isn't a call to violence.

Grim hearing that stuff, but be reasured: I'm not reaching for the shovel...

« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 14:02 by eliop »

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2020, 14:50 »
Not everyone is as intelligent as you.   ;)

Welsh Merf

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2020, 15:13 »
When I was a small child - not that I'm much taller now, I got my first autograph book, and, as you do, the first people I asked to write in it were my family. I'll never forget what my father scrawled: "To argue with one fool makes two". It has stayed with me for nearly sixty years, and have used it quite often in various scenarios.

I may be Welsh, but I love ewe anyway!

See my diary pages here

and add a comment here

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 53 queries.