My Elec company has gone bust again

• 6 Replies

grinling

My Elec company has gone bust again
« on: July 27, 2018, 21:45 »
Iresa has gone bust so ofgem will find a new supplier. Our previous one went bust as well so East Midlands had to take it over. Oh well

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: My Elec company has gone bust again
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 21:12 »
We've been with United Utilities for a good few years now. They're not part of the big 5/6/7 suppliers and hence are not subject to the same Green tarrifs as the big companies but they have the stability that some of the small firms don't have.

grinling

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 22:16 »
We look around for the cheapest as we only need electricity. Costs more than dual fuel!!

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 00:02 »
I’ve just changed suppliers again via Martin Lewis’ switch recommend, it let’s me know as soon as I’m paying too much. I had a fixed deal that ended in June, this time it’s not fixed. Pure Planet I think it’s called, supposedly saving £500+ a year, never seems to get cheaper though!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 07:50 »
With wholesale energy prices increasing I suspect that there will be fewer fixed price deals available now (or they will cost more.)

If you are shopping around have a look at 'OVO' - been with them quite a few years now and have had no problems whatsoever.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Christine

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 13:59 »
Oy JayG - be careful where you recommend grinling (I'm with OVO).  :lol: :lol: He does say "again" so I'm wondering if he's a serial breaker of electric companies  ;)

Luck has not been with you grinling has it. You are proving though that sometimes a good offer is too good to be true.

grinling

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 16:36 »
We were with Ovo, but moved to GB which went bust. East Midlands were given our home and we changed to Iresa at the end of the fixed term as it was cheapest.
Our agreement with Iresa stays with whoever gets given the work, so I suppose the gov pays the new company the difference.

xx
Very annoying insurance company service.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post July 10, 2018, 15:57
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 39 queries.