Puppy or rescue dog.

• 61 Replies

Agatha

Re: Puppy or rescue dog.
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2013, 12:08 »
Totally agree - I know two people who had puppies from reputable breeders, and in both cases the dogs became very aggressive; in one case the dog was put down and in the second, the dog is only alive because her owners were prepared to totally rearrange their lives to create a secure environment for her where she can't endanger anyone else.

we thought long and hard about a rescue dog but at the back of my mind was always the question.......why did his last owner get rid of him. With 6 grandchildren I could not afford to take the risk and find my answer.

I think it is a little unfair to imply that those who rehome rescue dogs are risking the safety of any children they know.  I would trust my current rescue dog far more around children than I would many dogs which have been with their owners since they were puppies.
'The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies, but always grows and grows to an enduring and ever-increasing source of happiness.'  Gertrude Jekyll

compostqueen

Re: Puppy or rescue dog.
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2013, 14:03 »
My brother has just got his second rescue springer, having got the last one as a young dog which lived with him and his family for many years.  He bought him from springer rescue as it was there as a result of a marital split. The dog had been extremely well trained and was much loved. My brother said it was a joy to get such a dog and they shared many happy years together.

He now has a replacement. A boisterous young dog with no training from its previous owners.  They "could do nothing with it".  He has only had it a short time and already its a different dog and they are having some lovely times together out walking and getting to know each other better.  He says it's touching the way the dog comes to his side for affirmation and reassurance before bounding off again to play  :)

xx
Puppy will not eat puppy food

Started by wendyg on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post November 28, 2011, 13:37
by arugula
clip
welcome to our new puppy

Started by mjg000 on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post December 13, 2017, 09:20
by mumofstig
xx
new puppy!

Started by k4t1e195 on Pets without Feathers

5 Replies
Last post June 21, 2010, 23:35
by Wild Pony
xx
Our JRT puppy

Started by Green man on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 17:39
by snow white

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 38 queries.