Peas - really weedy

• 2 Replies

Middle Eastern Gardener

Peas - really weedy
« on: February 25, 2020, 12:59 »
Hello,

This year, I have managed to get my peas to germinate & have some in the ground & some in the polytunnel - to see the difference.  But, both are quite weedy, not bushy at all.  Am I doing something wrong, or could it be variety?  We are in the south of France & our weather has been good, not too wet, or windy, nor too cold.  On the other hand, the broad beans are starting to flower, I'm so thrilled!

Many thanks in advance

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Peas - really weedy
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 15:26 »
You could always pinch out the tops to make them bushier. It'll set them back a few days, though.

jambop

Re: Peas - really weedy
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 10:16 »
Hello,

This year, I have managed to get my peas to germinate & have some in the ground & some in the polytunnel - to see the difference.  But, both are quite weedy, not bushy at all.  Am I doing something wrong, or could it be variety?  We are in the south of France & our weather has been good, not too wet, or windy, nor too cold.  On the other hand, the broad beans are starting to flower, I'm so thrilled!

Many thanks in advance

Where about in France? I seldom grow peas mainly because the spring tends to be very wet and then the sun comes along and scorches them. This may change now though as I have been converting my veg garden over to raised no dig which drains well so is workable when the ground would normally be water logged.

xx
Weedy asparagus

Started by Lesmiserable on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 02, 2020, 11:07
by Hampshire Hog
xx
How weedy is your plot?

Started by Lizum on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post September 08, 2011, 18:30
by totalnovice
xx
Weedy Leeks?

Started by ex-cavator on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post May 01, 2011, 10:51
by ex-cavator
clip
Weedy compost

Started by rogertb on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 30, 2022, 09:24
by AnneB

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 43 queries.