Botrytis

• 2 Replies

Optimistic Gardener

• Experienced Member
Botrytis
« on: July 13, 2011, 12:12 »
This is my first year with a greenhouse.  It's only a 6x4 so I've planted all my tomatoes, chillies and peppers into florist buckets and they are doing really well.  I've also planted a Diva mini cucumber which has produced 6 fruits already and is loaded with flowers.  Only problem is that I have spotted some grey mould on the lower part of the cucumber stem.  So far the plant looks otherwise healthy.  Should I move it out into quarantine somewhere else?  Should I just compost it now?  Can I safely leave it in with tomatoes provided I maintain ventilation?  And I thought it was all going so well...  :unsure:

compostqueen

Re: Botrytis
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 19:24 »
I wouldn't give up on it being as you've got it this far.   Could you stand it in a tray for watering rather than watering from the top. Avoid splashing the leaves too

If there is plenty of room around the plant so air can circulate, same with your other plants, then mould shouldn't be a problem.  Maybe you're trying to pack too many plants in to too small a space and the air is not circulating.  I used to sneak the fan on to give them a bit of a breeze on hot days  8)

Optimistic Gardener

• Experienced Member
Re: Botrytis
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 12:38 »
Thanks CQ.  As it happens all my tomatoes and the surviving cucumber are in trays with capillary matting filled via wicks from resevoirs.  This works brilliantly for me as I work f.t. and also I'm not splashing water around too much.  The cucumber has survived and is doing well, new flowers are coming and I've managed to harvest another 2 cucumbers since my last post.  I reckon I have around another 5 which should be ready in a week or so.  I will however keep a close eye on it.  Thanks again.  :)

OG

xx
Blight or botrytis?

Started by Bernard on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

1 Replies
Last post September 07, 2012, 09:55
by mumofstig
xx
Tomato botrytis question

Started by seaside on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

6 Replies
Last post June 16, 2013, 14:36
by seaside

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 38 queries.