Latah tomatoes

• 4 Replies

kevinp

• Experienced Member
Latah tomatoes
« on: July 09, 2011, 07:48 »
Is anyone else growing this variety from real seeds? mine is huge and although covered in lb's and lb's of toms they are not the 1" size that was advertised ( not that that matters) mine are averaging around 2" across with slight green strips on them. also the bush is so big, again not a problem.
Anyone else growing or have grown these, and what are your views on the taste and texture, mine taste quite sweet with a sour ? background they are also firm like a beefsteak.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Latah tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 09:48 »
If they are not what they should be, have a nice chat with Realseeds, as the parent plant may have been crosspollinated ;)
They're great people to deal with, shouldn't be a problem to sort things out.

lottielearner

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 19:03 »
I grew these last year in a greenhouse and they produced the most beautiful sweet little toms ever, on really big bushes.. magic!!
Because they were so good I have grown them again this year and I have the same problem as you in that they have green stripes on them and they are a much larger tom although quite sweet tasting.
My main problem is that they are really slow to get going this year, the bushes are about 2ft high and there seems to be a really small crop, I am hoping they will catch up... thats gardening I guess! ;)
Chuck it in - it won't grow in the packet!

Nicki85

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 19:17 »
I've got this type going as well.  Mine are actually quite small compared to the other types I am growing but i've had my first very yummy toms off them!  They are quite small and very very tasty.  I think next time i will put them up the lotty cause as others have had they are supposed to be a big sprawling variety!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 20:01 »
I grew them last year and they are very sprawling but also very productive.  I'm using up last years seeds so can't help with the differences this year.  This is a photo of one of my plants last summer so you can compare.

If you want a more compact variety of early bush tomato, the Lettuce Leaf one Real Seeds do is very good.  I did a seed swap with Skip from Oz via the forum, so my plot is full of obscure bush toms he sent me.  I'll try and get some pics as they ripen   :)

xx
Latah & other bush toms ID pics

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post July 22, 2011, 07:18
by New shoot
xx
Tomatoes

Started by Jae Dawn on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post February 24, 2010, 15:20
by sclarke624
xx
tomatoes

Started by bridgeford on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post March 27, 2007, 18:18
by Sadgit
xx
Tomatoes - how do you do yours?

Started by Jo Loves Veg on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 04, 2013, 22:13
by Totty

Page created in 0.421 seconds with 40 queries.