New mum needs advice

• 2 Replies

adele

New mum needs advice
« on: April 27, 2009, 14:04 »
hi at the weekend by lovely husband brought me 3 beautiful warren POL girls, they had to be put to bed the first night but have been fine since.  They love roaming the garden and i have a few plants that i am worried if they are harmful to the girls, as all the information i can glean conflicts,  are they safe eating onion plant, clematis, sweet pea and russian ivy?  they have already found my gooseberry bush and loganberries but i reasoned if we eat them they must be safe.   i also take cucmber and tomotoes out of the greenhouse later in the year to grow up the fences can i do it again this year or do i limit them to greenhouse only?
any help and advice would be appreciated .

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
Re: New mum needs advice
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 14:18 »
Welcome to the forum! I would suggest anything you would like to eat yourself, you keep well away from your new girls cause otherwise they will eat the lot (mine did when they managed to get under the raspberry bush netting  >:() as for things that can harm them there is lots of advise on here but from my experience they seem to know whats bad for them and steer clear! dont forget to post piccies in chicken chat  :happy:
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adele

Re: New mum needs advice
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 14:29 »
thanks for the advice!  girls are doing well and loving it, they wait in their pens to be let out as they do prefer to roam the garden than stay in their pen.  i will post pics as soon as my daughter shows me how to !

xx
Fruit and veg advice (heck - any advice!) for a newbie chook owner!

Started by cathy81walking on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post March 02, 2010, 11:30
by cathy81walking
xx
Cat advice

Started by Belinda on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 15, 2008, 09:33
by Belinda
xx
advice please...

Started by Lorie on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 20, 2010, 21:20
by ehs284
xx
advice please

Started by Bobbie on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post December 22, 2008, 19:44
by karlooben

Page created in 0.368 seconds with 38 queries.