rabbits

• 3 Replies

Bailz

• Experienced Member
rabbits
« on: March 28, 2011, 20:15 »
hi people does anyone know if a rabbit would be ok in the run with my chickens? no big deal if not but untill i build my rabbit run it wud be nice to let the rabbit out during the day regards bailz.
Cheers Bailz

Mulberry1990

• Experienced Member
Re: rabbits
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 20:25 »
My rabbits and chickens are together, but they have about quarter of an acre to run around in. If a rabbit gets too close to a chicken they will get a peck to warn them off. So I guess it depends on the run size, if it's big enough for them to get away from each other they could be fine, but if they have no way of staying out each others ways then it's likely that the chickens will peck the rabbit. =)
4 Dogs: Stanley, Oscar, Borris and Scraps, 8 chickens: Prada, Mulberry, Alessi, Apple, Dior, Bobbi, Eve and Fendi, 2 Guinea Pigs: Rupert and Milo, 3 Rabbits: Louis, Daisy and Charlie 2 Fish: Sandy and Pebbles, 6 Quail

jinty1911

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 20:28 »
I let my rabbits (4) out one at a time with the chooks.  The girls love hanging about at the hutches and it's the first place they head for in the morning, but recently they have been invading the vacant hutch and wont let the rabbits back in.  This seems to have started a terriotrial war with the rabbit charging at the chooks in the hutch and barging them out of the way.  In turn, if the rabbit goes too near the henhouse, one of the chooks will fly at the rabbit and the other day jumped on the rabbits back.  It's a bit of a Mexican stand off at the moment.  :D  

Pepperpincushion

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 20:45 »
I believe there is a disease that can be Passed from chickens to rabbits but I can't think now what it is, so not very helpful  :wacko ???
I would probably think twice about putting them together in a small area (rather than free range).

xx
rabbits!

Started by RigsVilleBird on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post September 14, 2011, 18:07
by yellowpenguin
xx
Chickens and rabbits

Started by ChristyRose on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post February 19, 2010, 19:15
by Caralou
xx
Rabbits With Chickens

Started by Tensing on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2006, 13:46
by workingbeardie
xx
chickens & Rabbits

Started by blossom1044 on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post June 13, 2008, 10:41
by violet

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 38 queries.