B****** fox or rat got the 2 polish chucks

• 18 Replies

ness

• Experienced Member
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 10:40 »
Really sorry to hear that - I'd just been admiring Crunchie's photo on the piccies thread.  She was a beauty.
What a horrid shock for you.    :(

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 12:06 »
Everyone ok today so the little houses must have been a week spot I won't use them again untill I have sorted out any issues so it can't happen again. :(

I am clearing another area of land and going to put these in it within a big pen with a top like the other main house and use it for the smaller birds and just let my faves free range.  It will also help as if I have to go out I can leave them all in enclosed pens without it being to cramped for them.

Right better let the daughters OH know what his next job is  :lol:  :lol: Oh and the stable floor needs concreting, greenhouse roof needs replacing....... gosh he is going to be busy  :tongue2:

daveinmanc

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.traffordangling.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 13:13 »
just got a chance to catch up on a few posts, really sorry to hear about the attacks, its awful  . . .  . . . . every time i read about these it makes me wonder if I've made everything as secure as i can, but you cant account for every single probability including the weather and gales can you?

a hasp and staple or a sliding bolt fitting would be better than just the cabin hook types on their own, even if they're not 'locked' they couldn't come undone on their own. i fitted cabin hooks to the side door and the main run door on ours and then added a sliding  bolt as well after trying the cabin hook on its own, like this below

barrel bolt

thats a really good site for DIY stuff by the way, have a mooch around cos all ya hasp and staples, locks, hinges etc are dead cheap, far cheaper than B and Q and all that.

Fat Hen

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 23:40 »
Really  sorry to hear about Crunchie & Twirl.  

Since I got chucks my feelings towards fox's has changed, no longer the cute little doggy like thing but a real & nasty threat to the girls.

xx
New Polish Chucks!

Started by primrose1 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 22, 2011, 21:41
by joyfull
xx
sexing silkies / haircuts for polish chucks

Started by primrose1 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 28, 2011, 22:13
by primrose1
xx
Polish Bantams?

Started by looe-looe-belle on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 00:18
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Polish Hens (?)

Started by photoboy on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post December 06, 2012, 12:31
by joyfull

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 39 queries.