Praying for the Queen's health

• 25 Replies

AndyRVTR

Re: Praying for the Queen's health
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2022, 06:56 »
Just woke up with the realisation that my Queen has gone.. a woman I pledged allegiance to & have respected all my life.. lots of memories have come flooding back..... watching her in awe when she visited Durham many, many years ago... memories of my Mam dying a few weeks before Princess Diana 25 yrs ago, my Mam was born the same year as the Queen so would have been the same age now. There will never be another Monarch like her, a woman that touched so many lives acting with total service & dignity to us all  throughout her life.
Things will never be the same again.

God Save the Queen!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2022, 09:03 »
There was a video on YouTube of people singing the national anthem - you wouldn't think it would so difficult to change from 'her' to 'him' but it was very ragged.
Seems so weird to hear them saying 'The King'
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2022, 10:45 »
I came in with a King on the throne, it looks as though I will be going out with one. 

Does anyone know who made it to the Queen's bedside before she passed away?

I never met her, never saw her in real life but I hope she's with Phil now.

Cheers,  Tony.

I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Lardman

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2022, 11:20 »
Does anyone know who made it to the Queen's bedside before she passed away?
Papers are saying Charles and Anne, the rest were on route.

DanielCoffey

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2022, 11:41 »
Like many schoolkids in the 70s, I waved at the passing vehicle for the Queen and Anne a few times but I actually got to meet Charles face to face. He was doing the duty of walking down the line from the school orchestra to chat to the section representatives after a local concert. As first French Horn I was picked for that one. It would have been in the early 80s.

jezza

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2022, 08:13 »
Hello we rang on half muffle bells yesterday,what a very eerie experience as we rang there was a constant drone in the tower ,we rang on 5 bells as we only had 5 ringers  we have 6 bells one brand new we could only muffle 5 bells we rang on the front 5 for 43 minutes as we had a funeral coming in at 1pm    jezza

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2022, 21:10 »
One change that will take a little while is our currency , apparently there are 4.5 billion bank  notes in circulation worth about £80 billion , not many in my possession sadly  :lol:  .
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

snowdrops

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2022, 08:26 »
I was told yesterday that King Charles will be depicted facing the other way to the Queen as that is the protocol that each faces the opposite way to the last on our currency, not sure if it’s correct though
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2022, 09:27 »
I was told yesterday that King Charles will be depicted facing the other way to the Queen as that is the protocol that each faces the opposite way to the last on our currency, not sure if it’s correct though
I believe that is correct protocol and Charles will face left. However, he could ask the Royal Mint to keep him right facing as his mother. There is precedent,  Edward VIII requested his portrait should face left, like his father's portrait before him.

So many symbolisms in our society that we're not really conscious of.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2022, 12:22 »
I don't really know what to say.  Your words have said all that I feel.  Yes, it does make me feel the loss again of my own family.      I do feel sorry for the members of the royal family who have to walk behind her coffin.
Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2022, 13:33 »
Her passing has hit me quite hard. No one can possibly imagine what devotion and fortitude she has shown over her reign. Like many of us, there must have been many days she just didn't feel like getting ready and going out to meet whoever at whatever time of day or night it was, all the protocol and formalities, and the never-ending smell of new paint. That beautiful smile of hers was so special and so genuine. I cannot help looking at that Paddington Bear sketch and thinking how much she must have loved doing it and seeing the twinkle in her eyes when the contents of her mysterious handbag were finally revealed. I am also in awe of all the people involved in Scotland and now in England for what has been such a dignified, solemn and extremely   precise way of bringing her back home. I keep having goosebumps. God love Charles for the way he's had to compartmentalise his extreme grief whilst being in the public eye. I have the highest regard for him and his immediate family in the way they have conducted themselves.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
Best of Queen DVD

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post February 12, 2020, 15:22
by Goosegirl
xx
GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post February 24, 2022, 08:50
by John
xx
Queen wasps...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post March 18, 2022, 18:30
by rowlandwells
xx
How to improve your health

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post March 31, 2019, 17:52
by AlaninCarlisle

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 49 queries.