Impossible weather

• 33 Replies

Grubbypaws

Re: Impossible weather
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2021, 11:06 »
the other problem is we are rammed in the greenhouse and cold frames with brassicas that are coming on fast so every thing will need planting all at once  if it ever stops raining  >:(

Have you gone for it yet? My brassicas are crying out to be planted but I cant decide whether to go for it or wait a little longer  :unsure:

goose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2021, 15:51 »
i planted out some tomatoes outside today and some in the greenhouse....they couldnt wait any longer.

Strangely, i have things that i sowed at the same time at different stages of maturity...so tomorrow i am going to plant out1 x courgette, 1 x brussel sprout, 1 x cauli and half of the dwarf french beans ::)...they are suffering in their pots, so i think i will just chance it as i think they will be happier at the allotment, and free up a bit of space in the cold frame.

Im thinking i may delay planting out the sweetcorn for another week or so....any thoughts on this?

Christine

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2021, 18:43 »
Well there's the forecast of a sudden heatwave over the coming few days up here and no rain at all. Probably kill off what hasn't already drowned. Oh well. I've stopped thinking except that courgettes, pattypan and pumpkin should be out from the looks of them whilst the butternut squash are sulking in a corner.

Alank

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2021, 21:01 »
Started planting out the brassica plants yesterday and will continue now with them to get them all out by bank holiday Monday.
Then its time to hopefully light the barbecue and enjoy the sunshine 🌞
This cold wet weather doesn't do anything for the aches and pains, roll on the summer  :D

xx
Mission Impossible : Evergreen Climber that Fruits ....

Started by DaveJNeal on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 24, 2013, 20:38
by nobby
xx
Weather changes

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 23, 2019, 10:06
by Mr Dog
xx
weather gone mad

Started by blackbob on Grow Your Own

39 Replies
Last post June 25, 2008, 11:11
by Tinbasher
xx
bad weather.

Started by mrpotatohead on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 17, 2012, 10:19
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 33 queries.