cayenne pepper

• 5 Replies

chrissie B

cayenne pepper
« on: October 26, 2007, 15:57 »
well we grew the peppers dried them out side all summer , gave them a wash and dried them again in the oven then chopped off the tops and blitzed them dried them a bit more in the oven and blitzed some more and hey presto 3oz of pepper i ask myself was it worth it in money terms we could have bought it cheaper but on the other hand we had fun and it does have a nicer flavoure than the bought and i know how old it is .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

gobs

cayenne pepper
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 18:24 »
Well done, CB. :D

You might want to save yourself the trouble of washing them next time. :wink:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

chrissie B

cayenne pepper
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 16:13 »
we had to wash them as they were outside all summer and its been really dusty cos of the constant digging up of the roads because we are at last getting toilets you can flush loo roll down , now the roads have been constantly dug up and filled in for a whole year and now the main road is cut off so you have to drive miles out the way for a 2 klm drive , but no matter how long can it take any way, its only been a year. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
chrissie b

gobs

cayenne pepper
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 18:16 »
Oh, I mean in the middle of the drying process, that's how it comes out to me from your resume, anyhow. It delays the process and does no good to quality or shelf life. :wink:

chrissie B

cayenne pepper
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 17:11 »
i know it may seem a little silly wetting chillies you spent all summer drying but they were very dusty from the road works which are still going on and have been  for over a year now , verry depressing .
chrissie b

gobs

cayenne pepper
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 19:09 »
Oh hope they will store well for you and the works end soon.xx

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 38 queries.