Tomato problem

• 16 Replies

Patricia

• Experienced Member
    • My Garden blog
Re: Tomato problem
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 21:36 »
I think I would personally repot them into some other pots rather than the paper ones and make sure to put them were they are warm. Barring that I would start again. I plant my tomatoe seeds in a recycled flat veggie tray with a clear bag over until they germinate and then pick out and start potting up. Only to the next size pot that they will fit into for a week or two and then pot up to the next size. And making sure they keep warm, either in my conservatory or the mini green house. I did start my seeds back in February, and they are now out in the garden in grow bags.  I think I read where someone starts theirs on New years day. And like David says I always plant them deep into the pot. This makes them stronger. Best of luck. :)

Jay The Digger

• Experienced Member
Re: Tomato problem
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 21:36 »
They do look a bit wet don't they.  I agree with all the posts here.  Replant in better compost up to the lower leaves, put somewhere warm and bright, yet airy.  A window sill is fine.  Introduce them to the outdoors when the poor chaps are bit bigger.  

I have always found that by letting the top of the compost dry off before rewatering I keep that fungus at bay.  I always water from below so the main stem doesn't weaken or rot.  It also encourages a good root system which determines how good your crop will be.

xx
tomato problem

Started by gowing238 on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post July 29, 2011, 10:29
by nickholden
xx
Tomato problem.

Started by sharky on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post May 26, 2008, 17:17
by WhippetMaster
xx
Tomato problem

Started by johrit on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 26, 2010, 16:24
by johrit
xx
A different tomato problem

Started by robbodaveuk on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post August 05, 2008, 22:12
by FCG

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 38 queries.