Hand rearing orphaned kittens

• 59 Replies

Oliveview

Re: Hand rearing orphaned kittens
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2011, 22:15 »
Still trying to think if a name for ginger/white cat, I want to call feisty cat Betty.  We support Real Betis, Betis is pronounced Betty!!  I have taken photos of ginger/white cat I need to go to the library to download, once I can leave kittys I will do so :D
Pamela

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2011, 14:46 »
Are you feeling any better Pamela?  Hope that you are managing to get some rest in between your nursing duties.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Oliveview

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2011, 21:18 »
Feeling a lot better now, only got a cough like a 20 a day smoker instead of a 50 a day!
Kitty was like a baby today, crying to be picked up, I ended up cuddling her for 2 hours!!  She then slept for 4 hours!!
I am off to bed soon then I will feed her around 1am, she should then go through the night.  Her eyes are open, not swollen or red, she still has an untidy face!  The vet didn't say how long to do the drops for, I will see how her eyes look.
Ginger/white kitty, I thought he had gone awol, I could not find him anywhere, I called and went out along the track, could not find him anywhere, I was thinking great, only had him just over 24 hours, I went back into the garage and he was climbing down off the top of a shelf!!
He gets quite close to the dogs now.  Lola has been a bit subdued today, I think she is put out by baby kitty!
Pamela
Ps Hubby has my cold starting now
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:48 by oliveview »

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2011, 11:33 »
Oh no... man flu!!! Take cover!!!  ;) :lol: :lol:

I like the term 'untidy face'... I often feel like that first thing in the morning  :D

Glad to hear you are feeling better Pamela... hopefully Kitty will let you have a little more sleep now too  :)

Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

Oliveview

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2011, 14:56 »
I went to bed at midnight, woke at 6.15am, kitty was sound asleep, I woke her at 6.30 for her first feed  :D 15 ml she was hungry.  For the next feed she had another 15ml moaned for more, so I made up another lot, she drank about 4 ml and fell straight to sleep.
Ginger kitty, we 'lost' him again, he was curled up asleep on the hallway windowledge!   Think hiw ginger kitty is Miki, after the Betis player Miki Roque, who has cancer.
Pamela

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2011, 15:10 »
sounds like Miki and Betty are going to keep you very busy  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

Oliveview

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2011, 15:28 »
Betty has just woken  up, had had another 5ml, she is purring on my lap.
I have just weighed her, this is how her weight has gone: in grams,  109, 114, 137, 145, 157, 173. She id chewing my finger,think she wants more milk!
Pamela

Snap Dragon

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2011, 15:36 »
Wow... Betty's doing well.. what a weight gain!

There's a cat who know's when she on to a good thing!  ;) :D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 20:47 by Snap Dragon »

Oliveview

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2011, 16:07 »
I tried to get a photo yesterday, holding Betty in one hand and taking a photo using the other, came out blurred. Will try again later. I will put her on a light background, she should stand out then!
Pamela

Snap Dragon

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2011, 14:59 »
How's the kitty doing Pamela?.... or is it the poorly hubby who's keeping you busy now?  ;) :lol: :lol:

Oliveview

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2011, 21:55 »
Kitty is doing really well, I can sleep at night now, last feed around 11.30pm then rye first feed around 7am.
The other kittens, the older one we got after grey kitty died, is fine, he is almost friendly with the dogs.
When grey kitty died we buried her in the garden, with a big brick on top, 3 days later Lola, our jackrussel cross, dug kitty uo :ohmy:  Lola is normally such a good dog!

Kitty, is in bed at the monent, I will get her up for her last feed then I am off to bed

Pamela

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2011, 22:37 »
You have done amazingly well and should be really proud of yourself, especially with you being unwell.  Well done Pamela, may you have many years of love and companionship from your two new found friends.   :)

Springlands

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 10:04 »
I am so pleased to hear that there is a happy ending to the story of the little kitten. Good that you are also feeling better. Naughty Lola.  :)

Oliveview

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2011, 13:32 »
When should I start kittys weaning? The vet said 25-30 days, I thought it was about 3 weeks. Anyone got experience of weaning kittens?

Pamela

maxyboo

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2011, 14:11 »
Opinions vary between  3-5 weeks I think. I have weaned a few kittens and tend to aim in the middle. I had one I weaned from 3 weeks as he seemed so advanced and hungry all the time.  Just take it very slowly and gradually. I tend to mix a  tiny amount of food with their milk and built up from there. They sometimes take a while to get the hang of it and will probably just paddle around in the bowl at first.

xx
Our new kittens.

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Pets without Feathers

17 Replies
Last post July 23, 2012, 21:22
by Madame Cholet
xx
New Kittens

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

11 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 08:35
by Pretty Chick
xx
Kittens

Started by 22fox on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post February 18, 2010, 13:16
by Caralou
xx
Talking about new kittens...

Started by Casey76 on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 06, 2010, 06:25
by tosca100

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 39 queries.