Harvey's gone to Devon

• 11 Replies

mumsy

Harvey's gone to Devon
« on: November 18, 2009, 16:28 »
Hi Everyone
I haven't been around for a while..................I posted back in September that Harvey our 11 year old Westie had been diagnosed with a nasal tumour, sadly we lost him on 30th October.  Our four year Grandaughter, Bea, is convinced he has gone to Devon, not heaven, bless.  It has been very traumatic  these past couple of weeks, Sausage (our mini Daxie), wouldn't eat or go for a walk, so we made the decision to get him another playmate & on Sunday she was advertised on Preloved..............we rushed to Peterborough (2 hours) on Sunday evening with Sausage & spent a couple of hours with her.  Well, they hit it off straight away & we bought her home with us.
Sausage is eating & is loving his walks again & we think we she is great.

RIP Harvey Boy

& Heres Sausage with Frankie the Basset

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: Harvey's gone to Devon
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 16:40 »
Aw Mumsy, that's a sad story but that looks like a lovely new friendship blossoming  :).
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 16:42 »
RIP Harvey, "Devon's" supposed to be a nice place xx

Frankie looks lovely, I just adore bassets (big dogs on short legs  :lol:), so glad Sausage has got a new companion  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

Foxy

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 16:43 »
Mumsy its lovely to see you back on here, so sorry to hear that Harvey didn't make it :( :( That is so very sad.  :( :(
I do love your photos, I adore Basset hounds, hubbys says they are difficult and have ear problems, but I would love one. Are they good with chickens? :)

mumsy

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 16:59 »
Are they good with chickens? :)

Hi Foxy

UMMMM,  She sits at the gate whining :)  But she doesn't run up to them when they are in their run, like my Daughter's Jack Russels do  :ohmy: It took a year for Harvey & Sausage to 'free range' with them so I'm thinking probably the same with her.  They can get ear problems but if looked after properly (cleaning everyday) hopefully she'll be ok.  Daxie's are the same with their ears too!!  I'm more concerned with stubborness, so lots of treats when out walking to encourage her to stay with us rather than follow her nose ;)  She is only 8 months so hopefully not too late on the training front.

Its good to be back by the way ;)

karlooben

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 17:16 »
welcome home mumsy  :D , so sorry about your doggy but we all know how u feel an what your going though .

i dont think my jack russell will go another couple of years but i have a major prob when i do lose him its called jack i truly truly  dont think he will cope with being on his own in the house without having another dog although hes got my dad , the only prob with jack is he dont do other dogs full stop so for me to replace buddy when the time comes wil be very differcult i want a jack russell puppy but i would be to scared that jack would see it as a meal an there would be no way in hell that i would be able to bring an adult dog in .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 18:39 »
Awww mumsy! good to have you back! such a sad story!  :( bless you! but I do like a happy ending  :wub: love your new baby, and lovin the name sausage  :D

Debbie x
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mumsy

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 19:02 »
and lovin the name sausage  :D

Debbie x

Hi Debbie

Frankie is short for Frankfurter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We were looking to get a Red smooth haired Daxie & call it Frankie.............always wanted a Basset too...which came up first...........She looks like one when she's all curled up  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 19:19 »
So sorry to hear about Harvey  :(

I'm glad that Sausage has a new friend though.
Frankie is just gorgeous  :)

Sounds like excuse for a lot more dogs... you could name them Bangor, Snags, Chip(olata)... etc, etc  :lol:
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

mumsy

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 19:28 »

Sounds like excuse for a lot more dogs... you could name them Bangor, Snags, Chip(olata)... etc, etc  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:, funnily enough, where we used to live my friend had a mini wired haired daxi called 'Chips'  when we went out walking together it was hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rubellite

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 18:10 »
Sorry to hear about Harvey :(
Happy to hear about Frankie  :)

too many girls

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 18:45 »
sad about Harvey :(
i always thinK Basset hounds comical, as if they haven't quite been finished off properly, with the short legs and long body.
my horse is called Chip and her mother is called Sausage :D

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 35 queries.