glazing greenhouse what order

• 6 Replies

hanssg

glazing greenhouse what order
« on: June 03, 2015, 21:35 »
hi just about to glaze my greenhouse i know to do the roof first but do you work top to bottom or the other way  :unsure: thanks

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: glazing greenhouse what order
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 21:40 »
The little z shaped clips for the top panes to sit on, rest on the bottom panes, so bottom ones go in first  ;)

BigPaddy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 22:10 »
You do the roof first? I never heard that.

Paddy
Patrick
Hull, East yorkshire

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 09:33 »
Seem to remember the instructions for mine said to do the sides first, but it feels a lot safer glazing the roof perched up a step ladder if there is no other glass in place to distract you, although it's probably worth testing the fit of one or two of the vertical panels stood safely on the ground to make sure the structure is perfectly 'true'.

Give some thought as to how you can work safely and easily glazing the roof (e.g. don't 'glaze yourself in' if you need access from inside to facilitate positioning/glazing the opening light  ::)), and be prepared for little surprises like the door glazing - according to my instructions this could be done with the door fully assembled and in position, which was unfortunately not true - I had to take it off and partly dismantle it to insert one of the panels. :nowink:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

archibtbm

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 13:26 »
When building mine a few years ago the roof was done first to ensure the frame was square as it allows for adjustments to the frame if needed

BigPaddy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 14:26 »
Seem to remember the instructions for mine said to do the sides first, but it feels a lot safer glazing the roof perched up a step ladder if there is no other glass in place to distract you, although it's probably worth testing the fit of one or two of the vertical panels stood safely on the ground to make sure the structure is perfectly 'true'.

Being 6 foot 7 step ladder isn't a requirement for me. I always feel the frame is more secure with the bottom panes in place. Having had a quick look around though it seems that I have been wrong. Live and learn.

BP

hanssg

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 21:43 »
job done guys, well most of it ran out of polycarbanate ordered 3 more sheets done a botch job for now with plastic sheeting. toms,cukes,peppers and chiliis in.

xx
Greenhouse glazing

Started by supervegman on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post October 26, 2010, 21:28
by Stree
xx
Greenhouse glazing help

Started by Slugmonster on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post June 04, 2012, 15:26
by Hillbillypop
xx
ok am glazing the greenhouse myself

Started by Gleavo on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post November 24, 2010, 16:50
by savbo
xx
Glazing for Greenhouse problems.

Started by Missie on Design and Construction

13 Replies
Last post May 20, 2010, 20:35
by She'sinthegarden

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 40 queries.