Lizzie not well.

• 29 Replies

jamima

Lizzie not well.
« on: August 02, 2012, 13:44 »
Lizzie my dog has been to vets 3 times this wk and going again tomorrow,she has'nt eaten properly for 2 wks now and lost another 6 lbs in three wks,have tried tempting her with everything i can think of but not working,vets are mistified,all organgs ok had blood test last wk, teeth ok,so having an Ulta sound scan tomorrow.She has lost 21 llb since Christmas and now weighs 28.8. kilos,had bad diahhrea at end of last wk but that seems to have cleared up,will hopefully know more in the morning.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Lizzie not well.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 13:47 »
Oh no, I hope you get to the bottom of this and can sort her out - give her a huge hug from me and my 3 xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 14:21 »
So sorry Jamima I hope that the vets finds the problem and can give Lizzie the treatment she need to recover quickly.  Sending bug hugs.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

sue anne

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 14:48 »
Poor Lizzie, let us know how she gets on  :(

maxyboo

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 15:23 »
Sorry to hear about Lizzie. I hope it's something the vets can sort out for her.

jamima

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 12:40 »
Lizzie had a scan and xray which revealed a large mass in the abdomen,slightly enlarged heart and intestines,not eaten for a week,she is very weak and needs a hand getting up now,vets advice was too keep her as comfortable as possible, but a desicion  is looming. :(

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 12:43 »
So sorry Jamima it is really tough time for you and your family.  Sending you and Lizzie loads of hugs.

Thrift

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 13:05 »
Oh Jamima ..... so sorry, that sounds grim.  :(

I suppose the decision is about operating and will probably depend upon her age etc. I just want them to whip it out quick!

Lots of hugs from me and Bessie. xx

Agatha

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 13:25 »
So sorry.  Thinking of you all.
'The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies, but always grows and grows to an enduring and ever-increasing source of happiness.'  Gertrude Jekyll

jamima

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 13:52 »
She is nearly 13 Thrift and an operation was'nt an option,discused it with the vet and she advises to leave her be and keep her as comfortable as possible,if she had been a lot younger i would have it done, but don't want to put her through it,i doubt she is strong enough now anyway.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 13:54 by jamima »

Agatha

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 13:57 »
Such a tough time for you, but I hope your last days together are really special. Hugs.

Oliveview

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 14:07 »
Poor Lizzie.  I hope she can be kept comfortable.  My sisters dog had a tumour somewhere internal, I canīt remember where.  The vet said to take her home and enjoy the time they had and they would know when the time had come to say their goodbyes.  Not as easy time for you all, animals are part of our family and it is not easy to say goodbye.

Pamela

Goosegirl

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 14:16 »
Had to do the same thing with our 20 plus year old cat. He had such a good life and we didn't want his last moments being spent "messed about with." I guess that Lizzie wants to be at home where she is loved and knows that. Hold her close and speak to her gently - she will know she is in good hands, and ask "The One who Looks after Dogs" to help her in her journey.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Thrift

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 15:59 »
So sad, she is obviously far too old and sick to endure surgery.

I do hope her last days are peaceful and she can slip away at home with those who love her.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 17:05 »
so sorry, give her loads of tlc, xx

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 35 queries.