Dodgy £1land compost

• 17 Replies

3 allotments

• now is the time
Re: Dodgy £1land compost
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 19:02 »
Well this is whats happening so far , i sent them a not too happy :mad: email complaining about this horrible compost,i think ill ask them for a stamped addressed envelope, i already wasted £13 on the stuff  >:( .Darren

Thank you for making the time to contact us regarding this. There are a number of reasons why mold and other types of fungus might grow on the surface of compost, the most common is due to the wood content in peat free and reduced peat products. This is something that we are very aware of and have ensured that the mold that occasionally grows as a result of this is no harm to animals or plants. Other causes are environmental such as moisture content and location. I would happily investigate this further for you on the provision of some information from the bag:

Bag size:

Product name:

Batch code (usually printed up the side of the bag or embossed in the same location):

Date of Purchase (approx.):

I would also be grateful if you could send me a sample of the product including the mold – and if possible pictures of the mold. The sample should be in a 1 litre reseal able bag to ensure we have enough product to test. Please mark this for the attention of myself and I will look into it immediately.

[edited to remove personal details of email sender] - Yorkie

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 22:41 by Yorkie »
diggity dig dig

Hayleynotts

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 20:22 »
I now have some weird orange mushrooms growing in my compost if you want photos ?

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 20:59 »
Hiya hayley that would be good ta,as i have thrown the compost in landfill  with old seedlings i didnt want to infect the lottie and i didn't keep receipts   :lol: thanks

xx
Dodgy Compost

Started by boybeck on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post August 05, 2009, 07:50
by Beetroot queen
xx
Dodgy Compost

Started by mobilekat on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 21, 2010, 17:28
by SarahB
xx
Onions looking a bit dodgy - is this ok?

Started by jsgreen89 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 17, 2010, 21:17
by Yorkie
xx
Dodgy apples

Started by pennsylvania planters on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 03, 2008, 19:47
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.363 seconds with 33 queries.