new strimmer advice

• 6 Replies

bandoboy

new strimmer advice
« on: October 17, 2007, 22:33 »
Hi everyone just need to pick you're brains I need a new strimmer but am faced with  lots of choice . I have around £100 but that is negotiable i need it for some pretty long grass cutting i cut a number of unused plots on our site and the old one i had out of a skip has finally spluttered and died. What is the difference beetween brushcutter/strimmer? i also take care of some family members gardens so would like a hedge trimmer attatchment to make it easier have seen a ryobi on ebay that seems to do the job what do you think ehh??? :?

muntjac

new strimmer advice
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 22:38 »
go for it  :wink:
still alive /............

Bigbadfrankie

new strimmer advice
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 22:39 »
if you have a few spanners take the carb apart and replace the filter,I put money on the fact the stimmer will burst into life with the ability to drink. :shock:
always have a target
and an objective.

Sally A

new strimmer advice
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 22:40 »
I am a mere girly bandoboy, but our petrol brushcutter/strimmer is very useful.  We use the blades for the heavier work and the strimmer line for the lighter stuff.  It's a Ryobi - got it from Screwfix, next day delivery, but they do have outlets in various towns.

the blades will happily tackle brambles, and even took a big chunk out of some buried metal.

have never heard of a hedgetrimmer attachment though, but then again it's you lads who know these things.

jack russell

new strimmer advice
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 23:02 »
Hi Bandoboy
the ryobi you mention is exactly what you need for the job in hand.  They have many attachments that are more than competent for there purpose.  they are not for the pro but are more than adequate for the more than keen Gardiner. they get the thumbs up from me.

cheers

jr
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

shaun

new strimmer advice
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 20:46 »
had a demo on the stihl one and they are brilliant,I was realy impressed with the sweeping brush attachment,he wouldnt do a demo on the tiller attachment the tight person but he did give me a free mug and a sticker :roll:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

gobs

new strimmer advice
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 21:08 »
how appropriate that is  :lol:  :lol: oh dear, oh dear...
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
advice on strimmer / hedge strimmer

Started by The Golden Heap on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2012, 09:32
by smud6ie
xx
Petrol strimmer advice

Started by Benandbill on Equipment Shed

21 Replies
Last post August 13, 2012, 18:53
by grendel
xx
petrol strimmer advice please!

Started by Sheena on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post June 20, 2007, 21:05
by GafferGamgee
clip
Strimmer advice needed

Started by juvenal on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post April 28, 2018, 23:45
by juvenal

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 39 queries.