Fire up the Quattro...

• 4 Replies

Growster...

Fire up the Quattro...
« on: October 31, 2020, 07:25 »
A daughter has lent us her whole collection of 'Ashes to ashes', and the first one was popped on last evening!

Wow, what a great programme that is! Definitely non-PC, plenty of intrigue, and enough fantasy to keep the whole story going!

Those Glenister brothers have a special place in our collection, as I love to watch 'Hustle'!

What's yours called?

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: Fire up the Quattro...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 12:00 »
Ah the audi quattro, my second favourite car of all time. Good TV show too. Gene hunt is a bit of a hero to me, a proper manly man!

jaydig

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 13:32 »
Ashes to Ashes and Life on Mars.  Great entertainment - I just wish they would make another series (or two), or is that being greedy.  I found these when desperately looking for something worth watching on tv, and these shows put the rubbish that's being produced these days to shame.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 13:33 »
Refreshingly un-PC, I loved it (and Life on Mars, even though I wasn't always up to speed with the plotline! :blush:)

Still find myself occasionally using the phrase 'Fire up the Quattro' before getting into my car, which is one of those turbocharged Fiestas with the tiny engine (last two letters of the registration number are 'GG', so she's nicknamed Galloping Gertie.  :lol:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 06:00 »
Ashes to Ashes and Life on Mars.  Great entertainment - I just wish they would make another series (or two), or is that being greedy.  I found these when desperately looking for something worth watching on tv, and these shows put the rubbish that's being produced these days to shame.

I agree, Jay! Mrs Growster bought me 'Life on Mars' for my birthday this year, and I was lost in earphones for ages!

Refreshingly un-PC, I loved it (and Life on Mars, even though I wasn't always up to speed with the plotline! :blush:)
Still find myself occasionally using the phrase 'Fire up the Quattro' before getting into my car, which is one of those turbocharged Fiestas with the tiny engine (last two letters of the registration number are 'GG', so she's nicknamed Galloping Gertie.  :lol:)

I thought for a moment you were going to say 'GooseGirl'...

Ah the audi quattro, my second favourite car of all time. Good TV show too. Gene hunt is a bit of a hero to me, a proper manly man!

It was a real car wasn't it! A chum wanted one for his company car, and offered to go over to Germany to get it there, as it was cheaper. Our boss okayed the idea, and he duly went over, paid for the thing, and came home looking all proud, until all the other bills came in...

xx
First fire...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

19 Replies
Last post September 27, 2018, 13:10
by Goosegirl
xx
Fire stick

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 03, 2021, 12:39
by mrs bouquet
xx
allotment fire

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post November 18, 2021, 01:18
by Subversive_plot
xx
'Ring of Fire' - Annular Solar Eclipse

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post October 15, 2023, 16:55
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 41 queries.