I've had another mishap !

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

I've had another mishap !
« on: October 30, 2020, 20:52 »
Whilst trying to lift the enormous waterlogged container, -  the Phormium has now floated out  !!  -   I hurt my self straining, and now have two cracked ribs.    The Doctor said you must take it easy, especially for the next few days.  Bearing in mind I have Osteo-porosis, I suppose I got off lightly.   However,  I thought a quiet cuppa and cut my nails.   So what happened next, cut the top off my finger.    It was bleeding profusely and the 'phone rang, it was the Doctor again.    Blood now going everywhere and the pasta I was cooking for tonight all boiled over    ::) ::) ::)  My Mum and Dad always called me Calamity Jane.    :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

al78

Re: I've had another mishap !
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 21:17 »
Ouch, sorry to hear of your accident woes. A tip for whenever (if) you plan to lift heavy objects in the future. Squat about half way down, grasp the object firmly, brace yourself, and start lifting with your legs, not your back (think of trying to push the ground away). This is how deadlifts are done in the gym, and is the best way to minimise the risk of throwing your back out (lifting with your lower back is exactly how you injure it). Obviously if you can't get it off the ground, don't try to grind it up, trying to lift a weight you are not capable of is also a good way to injure yourself.

Sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs.

Calamity Jane, you drive me insane,  you put me through pain, don't do it again. :lol:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 21:18 by al78 »

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 21:43 »
AllI can say is

Sit down and take it easy chuck
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 06:25 »
Sending virtual hugs.  Time to take to the sofa with a cuppa  and some seed catalogues.

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 12:26 »
we all do silly things and then regret doing it i must be somewhere near the top of the list for that but as i get older i start to get or hopefully get a bit sharper about doing things that could end up doing myself some damage well i keep telling myself that

but i have to say i have a good policeman over my shoulder the wife she goes ape when she see's me using the metal disk cutter or the chainsaw without  PPE and of cause she's absolutely rite can't afford to loose an eye or anything ells for that matter its just lazy of me not to do it in the first place

so take it easy Mrs B  ;)

jaydig

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 13:30 »
Mrs B -  Now I'm going to have a nag!!!

I think that you really need to put a post on here BEFORE your do anything, and we can all take a look at what you're proposing, and perhaps offer advice on a) whether you should attempt it at all:  b) If we think it's wise for you to carry on, maybe someone here will be able to let you know the best and safest way to do it:  c) When you do start work, then make sure you have your mobile phone with you, just in case you need immediate assistance, and of course d)  If it's obviously too much for you to attempt, then the recommendation will probably be to sit down with a cuppa and leave things alone until you can get the appropriate help. 

Nag over - but please take it easy for a while before you do yourself some damage that can't be put right.
Sending you loads of sympathy and a big hug!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 15:33 »
It is really horrible.  A few years ago I would have got that container.  Mixed a ton of concrete, laid the patio slabs and done all the blokey things without a thought.  It is just so hard to stop trying to do them, especially when you have to pay somebody else.   Not many people do favours around here.  I couldn't ask my neighbour, he is diabetic has had prostrate cancer chemo and is awaiting a new knee.  Bless him, he would try if I asked.
The cut finger and the boiled-over pasta, well that could happen to anybody, but just when the 'phone rings - Sods Law.   It made me laugh, once I let the blue air out of the kitchen !!!      But thank you all for your concern.  The container was silly, but I  am so impatient.   Hope it made you smile a little bit  :lol: :lol:
Mrs B

jaydig

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 15:37 »
I know what you mean, Mrs B.  We're all getting older, and every year I find there's something I can't do that I managed quite easily before, plus everything seems to take me twice as long as it used to.  On a positive note, at least we're all still here and plodding on regardless.

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 18:43 »
Oh no Mrs B, how are you today? Have you a friend or family member with a strapping young grandson/daughter that could odd job for you? Or what about a friend who has a gardener who would help ad hoc?
How’s the greenhouse renovation coming along, would those workmen help?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 48 queries.