Merry Tiller Cadet / Wizard drive belt probs.

• 2 Replies

Papworth Cliff

Merry Tiller Cadet / Wizard drive belt probs.
« on: February 12, 2016, 16:25 »
Hi, any of you MT experts still around?
My Cadet / Wizard 'drives' ie turns the tines even though the clutch is not engaged, fitted a new 'Loncin' engine about 18 months ago and today fitted a new pulley and belt (because the pulley had a big lump out of it and the belt was u/s because of this problem). Any help and/or advice gratefully accepted, thanks, Cliff.

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
Re: Merry Tiller Cadet / Wizard drive belt probs.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 14:47 »
The Wizard belt guide fastens onto the Briggs Stratton engine, so if you have the wrong engine, you won't have the belt guide, and the clutch will not disengage properly. I assume you won't have the guard on either, since the guide doubles as the front guard mounting bracket. You can use the MT.701 guide from the Major, which bolts onto the chassis, but this doesn't have a mount for the guard.
R Tallentire

Papworth Cliff

Re: Merry Tiller Cadet / Wizard drive belt probs.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 19:26 »
Thanks R Tallentire, It turns out I was (possibly) barking up the wrong tree, some months ago I purchased a spring from you because I believed one was missing from the bottom of the clutch cable to the clutch skate lever, however I didn't fit it because my Father (who's machine it is/was) convinced me that he nor anyone else had removed a spring, however yesterday I realised the belt was slipping, so fitted the spring which tensioned the clutch pulley which tensioned the belt and appeared to make it all work again! Now I just need a chain case bolt which has suddenly disappeared (???) to stop it leaking oil! Thank you for your reply and pulley and belt! Cliff.

xx
merry tiller drive belt

Started by buckrabbit on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post April 29, 2010, 19:06
by Digger Tom
xx
Wolseley merry tiller major drive belt?

Started by spiritofold on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post July 06, 2006, 13:09
by Gwiz
xx
wizard drive belt

Started by nicholas rees on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post August 17, 2009, 21:04
by nicholas rees
cheesy
Merry Tiller Cadet

Started by chippyphillips on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 14, 2015, 14:02
by grendel

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 38 queries.