Newbie - just got my half plot!!!

• 17 Replies

Togalosh

Re: Newbie - just got my half plot!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 23:02 »
Have a chat to the lady  and see what she planted and  where it was last year. Then you could pick up on the rotation you need this year. Sounds like its been care for in the past, a quick chat can lead to alot of info. about the site( what works and what doesnt ect).

This is good advise as I put my very 1st potatoes on top of potatoes from the previous season or so - I realised too late & got holey spuds for dinner later on.

It sounds like you landed on your feet with a ready-to-go plot - why not put up a hammock & watch how everyone else digs?.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 23:10 »
Hello half a plot man, and welcome. As you can see, this is a very friendly place to spend some time  :)

Could you add your whereabouts into your profile, please if you don't mind, as then other members will be able to more closely match advice to your lcoal conditions, and maybe you might find some near near neighbours, too  :D :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Half a plot man

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 10:53 »
Have a chat to the lady  and see what she planted and  where it was last year. Then you could pick up on the rotation you need this year. Sounds like its been care for in the past, a quick chat can lead to alot of info. about the site( what works and what doesnt ect).

This is good advise as I put my very 1st potatoes on top of potatoes from the previous season or so - I realised too late & got holey spuds for dinner later on.

It sounds like you landed on your feet with a ready-to-go plot - why not put up a hammock & watch how everyone else digs?.

Ha I like that!!!! I don't think my neighbour would be impressed though, and imagine trying to keep a four year old out of a hammock........... :tongue2:

xx
New half-plot

Started by borderer1951 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 20, 2020, 11:56
by Yorkie
xx
New half plot

Started by Audy70 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 07, 2014, 13:26
by Audy70
xx
new half plot!!!

Started by kezlou on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 23, 2009, 16:36
by peapod
xx
Taking on new half plot

Started by chillimummy on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post December 04, 2016, 21:19
by chillimummy

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 38 queries.