organic feed for lawns?

• 4 Replies

heygrow

• Experienced Member
organic feed for lawns?
« on: March 24, 2020, 19:21 »
Any recommendations / ideas please for organic feed (spring) for lawns please.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: organic feed for lawns?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 17:29 »
Before I had chickens, I used to chuck some pelleted chicken manure around in spring and the lawn would perk up in days.

Now I let the chickens out and they deliver direct.  I'm not sure whether that offsets the amount of grass they eat, dig up or otherwise trash, but what is there is always very green and lush  :lol:

Gardener and Rabbit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 11:53 »
I've used Evergreen No Rake lawn moss remover, which has bacteria to eat the moss, and organic feed. It worked well, and it also reduced and weakened the thatch layer, which had got quite thick and tough. It's pellets that you spread over the lawn.  Our dog found them quite appetising for the first week or so, until the smell had gone, so we had to keep him off the lawn.

Verve do a pack of organic soluble lawn feed capsules; you dissolve them in the watering can, which is a bit slower and messier than you might think, basically your dissolving a compressed powder into water, so you get some lumps, but they greened the lawn up nicely, so I've got some more of those in stock. I found it easiest to dissolve them in a jug first, before adding to the watering can.

G&R

jezza

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 14:04 »
Hello If you have a compost heap spread that onto the lawn after scarifieing spiking brush it well in it'll help aerate the grass as well as feed I've never used verve but do know what's in it it's made up the road from me. The ingredients are mixed together and composted then pelleted always wear gloves when handling any of these products. jezza

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 14:25 »
Thanks for the advice Jezza.

We have no way of checking that your ingredients list is correct so I have removed it to ensure the forums do not get into bother with the manufacturer.

xx
It's about lawns?

Started by Welsh Merf on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post April 22, 2020, 14:31
by Welsh Merf
xx
Lawns (again!)

Started by viettaclark on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post April 05, 2011, 22:43
by viettaclark
xx
New Lawns

Started by Sally A on General Gardening

36 Replies
Last post November 28, 2007, 20:40
by richyrich7
xx
lawns

Started by new_2_veg on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post January 14, 2008, 05:19
by DD.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 45 queries.