foxes

• 20 Replies

Mrs Bee

Re: foxes
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 19:06 »
I spotted the  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:ing thing trying to dig up my new snowdrop bed last night despite putting chilli powder down. The potency had obviously worn off.

So there I was, in me dressing gown, at 10 pm, freezing cold chasing the b@@@er orf, covering me snowdrops with up-turned mushroom boxes and then chucking more chilli powder down.

It finally worked after the fifth time I went and chased it round the garden and after I whacked the chilli powder down.

I really, really didn't want the snowdrop labels slung round the garden. Thinking about it I should have made a planting plan.
It looked like a war zone this morning.  :mad: >:( :mad:
It really is frustrating.

cadalot

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 19:36 »
Here is Basil savaging in the bin outside the allotment and the Basil my darling daughter bought me  :nowink:

And my sprout enclosure after 3 of the little darlings used it as a trampoline
2014-04-30 (06) Basil Brush.jpg
2014-12-30 Basil Brush.jpg
2014-12-14 (02) Fox Attacked.jpg
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 19:39 by cadalot »

Mrs Bee

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 20:08 »
How thoroughly demoralising, Cadalot.

OH has just legged it after the fox and come back using foul and profane language. Don't know what else we can do to stop the @@@@er wrecking the garden.

We spent out on prikka strips to go on top of the 6 foot fences and they just scramble over them with no effect. :( :(

cadalot

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 06:55 »
I caught Basil down the side of my shed, thinking that's it his cornered but a leap and bound off my upturned wheelbarrow and stacked items, and he was on top of the 8ft high wall looking down at me, then he walked as cool as you like along and disappeared on the other side.

I had to admire his agility, it was like watching Spiderman in action.   :nowink:

Goosegirl

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 10:32 »
We do have the occasional fox in the fields here but they have not (so far) done any damage in our garden - all I've had are pigeons, and a spate of rabbit damage but only for one year. Whether it's my three cats that keep foxes away I have no idea, but feel for you both after all your hard work.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 21:38 »
Thanks Goosegirl.  I think I would be better off in the country rather than the town, sometimes.

Or rather we are on the edge of Epping Forest, and we are over run with town foxes. They are absolutely fearless. There were a group of ten by the opening to the forest a year ago.

And the people who are feeding them are helping them increase.
Although I heard today of someone who had been encouraging them into the garden by leaving milk out. The fox got bolder until one day in the summer when the doors were open it came into the house.

The lady found it in her living room she panicked, the fox panicked, running round the room and up the curtains defecating and urinating as it went. When the fox was finally chased out they were left with the whole house smelling of fox, fox pee and poo.

I don't think she will be feeding them again.

Our neighbour had one set up home in their loft. They were not chuffed.

angry
Foxes!

Started by domw001 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 17, 2011, 16:48
by digwell123
xx
foxes

Started by dustcartkev on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 20, 2015, 19:35
by m1ckz
xx
Foxes

Started by viettaclark on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post August 23, 2017, 08:58
by viettaclark
xx
foxes

Started by worzel gummidge on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 07, 2007, 09:17
by corndolly

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 38 queries.