Eggs

• 5 Replies

F1schuey

Eggs
« on: May 03, 2011, 09:46 »
How long do the eggs last ???
I have 1 Lovely Husband, 2 lovely children, Poppy the Jack Russell, Alvin the Hamster, Jemima & Florence, Ben & Jerry the Budgies and our gorgeous Chick Sylvia and Jess aka Terry :D

Casey76

Re: Eggs
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 10:21 »
"officially" 3 - 4 weeks.  However I've eaten eggs quite a lot older than this.  I just float them before i open/cook them to make sure they're not off :)

F1schuey

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 12:27 »
Thank you

Helenaj

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 16:30 »
May I ask a question also? Does the 2-3 week rule still apply if you have a cockerel running with the hens? I get a bit twitchy if the "fertile" are more than a week old (which they rarely are). I don't refridgerate the eggs, but they are kept in an old stone larder which remains cool even in this weather.

Casey76

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 16:38 »
Certainly I've never had an issue with embryos growing beyond the "blastoderm" stage, when left on the kitchen work surface.

Remember incubation temperature is 38*C, and the embryo generally wont develop at temperatures lower than 35*C 9and if your kitchen is that warm, then i think you have a problem ;) )

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 16:47 »
Some years ago I had a shop and the eggs I picked up from the wholesaler's had a 12 wk shelf life!

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 33 queries.