DEFRA registration

• 5 Replies

Honeysuckle

• Experienced Member
  • Kira & Bruin
DEFRA registration
« on: May 02, 2011, 20:58 »
As my flock is increasing  :tongue2: I've decided to register with DEFRA however, they are asking for county/parish/holding number and OS reference.  Now both these appear to me to be optional questions so as I don't know/have answers for either, I am leaving them blank but it won't let me continue onto the next page!  :mad: I've tried looking at the help section but it takes me to an archive section and to be honest, I've lost patience a bit as I've been trying to do this for the last hour or so  :ohmy:

Does anybody know if I HAVE to put the country/paris/holding number and the OS reference?  :unsure:

Thanks for your help.
Melody
2 German Shepherds, Kira & Bruin, 4 hybrid chicks Chryssie, Violet, Sweet Pea and Astra.

darkbrowneggs

• Experienced Member
    • Dark Brown Eggs
Re: DEFRA registration
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 21:22 »
Hi - I don't know the reply to your specific question.  Though you could register with DEFRA and get a holding number

But this might be of interest as to whether you need to register with DEFRA

Registration requirements
Egg producers are required to register with the Animal Health Egg Marketing Inspector and be allocated a producer distinguishing number if:

they have 350 or more hens or
they have 50 or more hens and any of their eggs are marketed at local public markets
or any of the eggs are eventually marketed as Class A (all eggs to retail and catering). (section 3 of the EMR1 leaflet refers).
Establishments with fewer than 350 laying hens and those rearing breeding hens do not have to be registered, unless any of their eggs are destined to be graded for marketing as class A (i.e. all eggs sold at retail and to catering).

If the producer has more than 50 hens then they must also be registered with the Great Britain Poultry Register separately (section 4a of the EMR1 leaflet refers).

All the best
Sue
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 14:43 by Aunt Sally »
I love my traditional clean legged English Cuckoo Marans

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 22:55 »
This is the grid reference for Thurrock:

TQ585785

and the CPH number DEFRA give you.  If you tell them you want to register as a smallholding, they should be ale to issue you with a CPH number, that's where we got ours from!

I don't know if you HAVE to have a CPH number, but we registered as a smallholding when we had our goats and before we got the chickens.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 22:57 by GrannieAnnie »

Squibbs

• 2nd Pumpkin Contest 2011
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 00:41 »
having been prompted by your post I have just registered with DEFRA as my hatch put me over 50. I didn't enter a CPH number or grid reference and it let me continue without any issues.

Its a bit annoying that the link to explanatory notes is broken though.

My maths shows that bird is equal to or greater than the word...

Sassy

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:49 »

Its a bit annoying that the link to explanatory notes is broken though.

Sounds like DEFRA!!
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

Honeysuckle

• Experienced Member
  • Kira & Bruin
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 18:15 »
Thanks everyone. I'm trying to be organised because when we get our turkeys in July we will go over 50 so I thought I'd do it now.  :blink:

I'll give it another try tonight. Mind you, patience may be even thinner than last night after a day at work!  :ohmy:

xx
Defra Registration

Started by Prod on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 03, 2013, 15:44
by joyfull
xx
DEFRA registration

Started by Flowerpower136 on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post January 06, 2017, 11:17
by New shoot
xx
CPH Registration

Started by Prod on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 09, 2013, 08:41
by Sassy
xx
defra law

Started by nic_28 on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post July 13, 2012, 22:29
by Squibbs

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 36 queries.