Hatching eggs

• 4 Replies

Nancy legbar

Hatching eggs
« on: May 30, 2011, 10:12 »
Hi there
Please help. I'm hatching my first ever batch of eggs in Covina incubator. I have 10 eggs left after candling I removed two eggs which were not fertile. The remainder ten looked good. The were candled at 8 and 14 days
But it's now day 24 and no hatch. No pipping. Some shaking since about day 20 but appears to be lessoning. No rolling just gentle little wobbles
Any advice?

jaxchucks

Re: Hatching eggs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 16:06 »
Hi any signs yet? I had a late hatch a couple of weeks ago, so I quickly took a couple of eggs out of the incubator and quickly candled the eggs to see if the chicks were in the air sac, I could see they were still alive so I put them back in the incubator and sprayed the eggs with water to get the humidity up and help the shell soften and I got 28 out of 30 hatch. I have found Jersey Giants and Buff Orpington seem to take a couple of days longer. I am still fairly new at all of this and still learning the right and wrong thing to do, but I  did panic when nothing was happening.

Nancy legbar

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 19:24 »
Hi
Thanks for your reply. No pips yet. Still some rocking from some of them. Not sure how long is too long. Tried to candle them but couldn't see anything but black and the air sac. Couldnt actually see them move when candled but can see movement in the incubator. I'll keep you posted

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 20:17 »
Can you hear any cheeping in the eggs?

retribution

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 21:37 »
i want to have a look at my eggs does this candle effect truly work or best to leave them alone ?

xx
Hatching eggs

Started by SpudtheBinx on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 23, 2009, 08:48
by Sarah Mitchell
xx
hatching eggs

Started by Jo57 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 04, 2012, 23:00
by ANHBUC
xx
hatching eggs?

Started by spoofer28 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 03, 2007, 23:40
by Gardening Mark
xx
hatching eggs

Started by legendjeff on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 26, 2011, 09:34
by Sassy

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 32 queries.