Busy preserving..

• 4 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Busy preserving..
« on: December 01, 2022, 13:39 »
The Oregon thornless blackberries were evicted from the freezer to make room for Christmad stuff, so today I have to make jam, make that jelly :D      (Why is thornless getting underlined as a spelling mistake? Who knows? ::))

They were very seedy, so put them through the Mouli to remove them, before I started; the sugar has just gone in and I'm waiting for setting point.... always seems to take forever, doesn't it?

All done now, 6 standard jars and one smaller one ready to give to neighbours on the 25th  :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 13:40 by mumofstig »

snowdrops

Re: Busy preserving..
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 15:09 »
Well done I’ve got a drawer full of fruit to work through, it was just too hot to stand & make jam this summer. I didn’t make any chutney either I don’t think as I didn’t have the gluts of anything really, plus I’d still got jars & jars of it from last year & tge year before,but I don’t feel I can give that as gifts .  :wacko:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 15:21 »
I removed a two or three large bags of blackberries from my freezer too, to make room for the Christmas bits and pieces.  I've made about a dozen small bottles of blackberry liqueur with mine, some of which will be given as little extra Christmas gifts.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 15:38 »
....plus I’d still got jars & jars of it from last year & tge year before,but I don’t feel I can give that as gifts .  :wacko:
I'd just put new labels on .....with a BB date of maybe May/June. They'll be fine  :D
winrter solstice.jpg
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 16:30 by mumofstig »

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 17:01 »
....plus I’d still got jars & jars of it from last year & tge year before,but I don’t feel I can give that as gifts .  :wacko:
I'd just put new labels on .....with a BB date of maybe May/June. They'll be fine  :D

Ooh sneaky lol

clip
Well I have been a busy Bee

Started by Mrs Bee on Kitchen Natter

3 Replies
Last post August 03, 2014, 22:32
by Mrs Bee
xx
busy preparing for fair on Sunday.

Started by Madame Cholet on Kitchen Natter

0 Replies
Last post June 24, 2014, 22:12
by Madame Cholet

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 44 queries.