compost

• 1 Replies

rowlandwells

compost
« on: November 27, 2021, 11:06 »
for those of you that subscribe to which gardening did you read the article on compost production by Westland  and the development of B103 ingredients that it says is a closely guarded secret but very similar to peat?

one of the best things they have done is stop using green waste in in there  composts as its said to contain microplastics about time they woke up to that  >:(

so its going to be very interesting to see how this new compost B103 is comparable to peat based brands and the price well it will have to be compatible to other peat based brands because price plays a very important part when buying composts especially if you buy large quantities  I'm very sceptical about using something that's not proven to work and until its proven to be a better option than the brand peat brands I'm already using  I'm keeping to the brands I know and trust that have proven to give us good results

Goosegirl

Re: compost
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 12:10 »
It's a difficult subject to get one's head around as peat-based compost is not environmentally friendly but what are the alternatives, how well do they work and what do you have to look out for when using them i.e. more watering, price of course, but then you shouldn't stint on that as it's a waste of precious growing time if you buy el cheapo stuff. I think it's best to avoid the latest newby until it's been properly evaluated over time. I just get Jack's Magic which does the job (so far) and am not going to try out anything new at the moment until I know more info on performances etc.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
Compost

Started by Hitwoman on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post March 26, 2020, 21:22
by polo71
xx
compost's

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post June 28, 2022, 08:13
by rowlandwells
xx
Where can I buy some compost? :(

Started by Spudsey on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post April 03, 2020, 19:44
by grinling
xx
Compost

Started by wapello on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post August 29, 2020, 10:31
by wapello

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 37 queries.