Unknown greenhouse

• 2 Replies

makedoandmend

Unknown greenhouse
« on: April 10, 2011, 18:34 »
Folks,

I've had the very good fortune to have been given an 8' x 6' greenhouse. It's all dismantled now and most of the glass has been saved (some was siliconed in!!)

The door needs a new top roller and two new bottom ones, but they do not seem to be a 'standard' pattern - they don't seem to look like those on ebay at any rate!

The opening window has been permanently glazed in the past and I would like to fit an opening lite if possible.

The only thing I can find to identify the greenhouse is a sticker on the top of the door with the initials AGL. The label looks as if it was originally green.

I wonder if anyone could tell me who AGL are and if parts are available from somewhere?

Many thanks.

Lardman

makedoandmend

Re: Unknown greenhouse
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 09:25 »
Lardman,

Thanks for your post, I found Gardensite when I searched for AGL, but wasn't sure if this was a re-direct to another company or a new company or exactly what it was.

There seems to be quite a range of models from Halls /AGL and some parts aren't interchangeable - identifying which model I have would seem to be the first step. The door wheels are very different - bigger no bearing etc and the bottom of the door also has rollers -the kits just seem to contain a plastic 'pad' that rests on the bottom thresh.

I've e-mailed gardensite to see if they can advise, but no joy as yet.

Regards

xx
Greenhouse up

Started by AdsaM on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post November 19, 2008, 16:41
by poultrygeist
xx
Greenhouse Help

Started by dcleak on Design and Construction

12 Replies
Last post March 21, 2012, 20:24
by dcleak
xx
DIY Greenhouse

Started by mum2many on Design and Construction

12 Replies
Last post February 26, 2007, 22:12
by noshed
xx
Greenhouse

Started by Tykelad on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 22:39
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 28 queries.