Gardener's World - Not what Geoff would have done.

• 6 Replies

adri

• Experienced Member
    • peak hives
Watching GW on catch up.

Geoff must be spinning in his grave.  It's just a massive advert without any education at all.  The RHS show at Malvern seems to be the bigger part of the programme.  CK et al just fizzing about plants that none of us will probably get to have in our gardens and then all the tosh about design.  Temporary set ups in rehashed shipping containers!!!!  Not seen it all yet but the best bit so far was the two guys who developed a suburban garden and that was a nice piece.

Adri

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 23:48 by adri »
Peak Hives

rowlandwells

Re: Gardener's World - Not what Geoff would have done.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:55 »
I couldn't agree more with what your saying adri I've been a critic of gardeners world for some time now and I'm pleased I'm not the only one that thinks its a load of tosh and that's putting it lightly

dear old Geoff would not be amused how G/W has gone down from a good and well presented prog for gardeners to the present clap trap

as i see it gardeners world was originally to show the would be gardener how to grow propagate build and general hands on gardening for the home gardeners like this site promotes

at present its more for the armchair gardeners devoting much of the prog to looking at gardens or promoting garden design that was a very good avert for a young designer better and cheaper that any commercial TV station absolutely no mention of what i should sow in the garden this week

what the BBC should do if they want to promote looking at gardens or garden design why not have a prog just for that and leave Gardeners world to proper gardening for the home gardener for sowing planting

we definitely need someone who can talk and is hands on gardening i nominate John Harrison for the post he wold make a very good presenter and probubly be a bit cheaper that some of the present ones so are you up for the job  John  :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 08:58 »
I agree GW has gone from unmissable, to I can't be bothered to watch.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 14:30 »
I would so love to see the gardening heritage that Geoff left us and I propose the name "Down to Earth. The other thing I'd like to see is all these ******** to be sent into space to show us how to garden on the moon or some other planet. At least we won't see them for light years!  ;)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 19:29 »
i never thought of that one Goosegirl how if we had a whip round to send them on there merry way  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 21:19 »
John's site here is the best around for young - and less young, gardeners.

Some years ago, I was given some garlic seeds, and didn't know how to deal with them.

I joined some sort of gardening website, and asked the question. The first reply was so 'superior', sneering, distasteful and uninformative, I just stopped my account within a minute or so!

I'm still a youngster here, but will always be around for chums, and offer gibberish where necessary, advice if I have to, and love the banter as always! Geoff Hamilton was the best presenter of any gardening programme in my opinion. He just oozed the professional quality of our passion, and Mrs Growster and I miss him so much.

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 12:58 »
i never thought of that one Goosegirl how if we had a whip round to send them on there merry way  :lol:
I love to spend a penny on them (if you know what I mean  ;)) but I'd far prefer to go with like-minded chums on here so I can join in giving them a good whip round the ear-hole whilst inserting some remote-controlled blue touch-paper in a suitable place then we can draw lots to see who wins the opportunity to press the red button! BTW, who wins has to pay for our food and drinks in the nearby pub.

Mr G, many years ago I went to Barnsdale Gardens for a weekend and spent the first day happily wandering around with a little map. I took some time out sitting on a lovely rustic bench surrounded by different trees, various birdsongs and a gentle cooling breeze wafting the various scents in the air all around me. Any worries of whatever sort just drained away and the peace I felt was something very special and I just couldn't stop smiling at the few visitors who walked by. The next day I was going to go somewhere else but I just needed another walk round and to visit his grave in the nearby churchyard. I have his books and CDs to remind me of that first time I accidentally put the wrong programme on the tv only to see a rather handsome man in tight jeans, so that's where my love of gardening began.

xx
past presenters of gardener's world

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post November 07, 2022, 11:32
by rowlandwells
xx
What is our world coming to?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post March 07, 2020, 12:52
by Goosegirl
xx
gardeners world

13 Replies
Last post October 29, 2017, 09:58
by Truffle
xx
gardeners world

10 Replies
Last post October 27, 2021, 19:17
by Growster...

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 46 queries.