Allotment fees

• 4 Replies

Skipton

Allotment fees
« on: May 17, 2023, 21:27 »
I have a very neglected allotment I suspect nobody has been on it for years the newspapers say 2009.   Do I have any right to ask to defer the rent for the allotment. The allotment is in such a state I have not had any use of it since I got the keys I am still clearing it since October disposing of a collapsed shed, plastic bags, what appears to be miles of chicken wire and poisons all needing to be taken to the local tip and a huge warren.

snowdrops

Re: Allotment fees
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 22:05 »
That does sometimes get agreed on taking on the tenancy with some plots depending on who is the landowner/council but I’d have thought if you saw it before you signed the tenancy agreement they wouldn’t agree. But, you won’t know if you don’t ask. You can only try  :)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 17:23 »
I'd ask, you've got nothing to loose.  Where we used to live they would strim overgrown plots, where we are now there is a 3 year waiting list

Blewit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 06:40 »
As far as I'm aware some associations might consider offering a second year rent free when an overgrown plot is let. Doing it for the second year allows time to see whether the new tenant is going to get stuck in and make a go of it.

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 08:49 »
I kind of agree with Snows, but then maybe a lot of the rubbish there wasn't in plain sight. Just go for it and see what they say, also take pics so they can see what you have done and still have to do then they'll know you  mean business. Also, as there were various hazardous things in it which shouldn't have been left on the plot by the previous tenant and/ or the allotment renters, you may well have a bit more of a case by mentioning it as well.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
Allotment Fees

Started by Enfield Glen on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post May 16, 2022, 11:45
by pdblake
xx
allotment fees going up is it true??

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post April 17, 2023, 12:54
by pdblake
xx
New allotment t&cs

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

22 Replies
Last post January 09, 2020, 11:42
by mumofstig
xx
new to me allotment

Started by Debz on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post April 06, 2018, 19:39
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 43 queries.