Banking problems

• 16 Replies

mrs bouquet

Banking problems
« on: April 25, 2023, 14:31 »
Sometime ago my bank sent me a card reader, couldn't get it to work.  Tried three more all the same.   Now I am completely locked out of my account, and I want to spend MY money.  The person on the phone said, go to the nearest bank.
Today I got the bus into town with the bank folder and all the allied bits.  I am very fedup with them and really have syked myself up for this.    No the bank is closed until 15th May.  On th laptop it still says it is open.
I am really really  very very fed-up.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Hampshire Hog

Re: Banking problems
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 17:25 »
Don’t forget according to the banks we no longer need physical branches because we can all bank online. Presumably they are in cahoots with all the scammers who are trying to hoodwink us into moving our money to a “safe” account. Physical bank branches are a vital resource which shouldn’t be removed or limited.
Keep digging

jezza

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 23:03 »
You have a bank that's a rarity, my bank closed down ,person on phone said I could use a van in Cumbria it's only a few minutes away about 25 miles she said,I reminded her that I live in Yorkshire and its half a day travel there and half a day back ,I know theres a post office in the shop but it's not a secure place,a local post office they call it ,told the owners they might as well close it down and I'll use Mr Jacob's bank (biscuit tin)same interest ad the bank   nowt    jezza

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 08:37 »
Never done on-line banking and don't intend to. I can get cash from a nearby ATM and don't really need to go into town to see them so job's a good 'un.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 14:49 »
I don't know if I have got on-line banking or not.   I don't speak their language. :(  Mrs B

GraciesGran

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 17:27 »
Neighbour tried to open a savings account with her bank, she has been with them since 1967.  Can't be done in branch, has to be done on line or over the phone.  She doesn't have a computer and is hard of hearing.  Fortunately nice lady in the building society sorted it out. 

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2023, 08:44 »
It's people such as her that really worry me. Thank goodness there are still kind people around to assist when needed. Maybe a bunch of flowers as a thank you wouldn't go amiss just so they feel appreciated.  :wub:

jaydig

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 15:22 »
My husband recently died.  I now (finally!!!) have probate. The online link to notify his bank of his death and give me access to be able to upload the necessary documents to prove my claim will not work for me. It supposedly sends me a passcode in order to gain access, but fails to do so. Four phone calls later, I have been told by their "Technical" department that the fault is with my mobile provider, who they say has put a block on them sending the code. They insist it has been sent, but that my provider is blocking them out. This, despite the fact that numerous other institutions have no problem sending me codes when needed, and that the bank in question can send me emails no problem, but say the text they are sending is being blocked. I asked why, after all this time, and despite every one and his wife being able to communicate with me this way, they think my provider has chosen them alone to block.  I STILL can't access this portal, and the best they can suggest is that I try to access it with a different mobile phone. Like many others, the local branch of this bank no longer exists and I am not mobile to get to another easily.  Gone are the days when you could talk to a proper human being who could think for themselves and get stuff done instead of working from a crib sheet and being absolutely clueless as to how to sort out problems that are not run of the mill.  I despair.

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2023, 15:38 »
jaydig. I'm so sorry about your husband and all the trouble you're having. Is it worthwhile finding a recommended PC chappie to help you sort out why this is happening?

jaydig

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2023, 18:53 »
jaydig. I'm so sorry about your husband and all the trouble you're having. Is it worthwhile finding a recommended PC chappie to help you sort out why this is happening?
Thanks for the suggestion Goosegirl. My son works in IT and when I told him about my problems he agreed with me that the bank is talking rubbish. We are going to re-register using his phone number instead of mine, to see if we can get an access code that way, and if this fails I will ring them once again and he will speak to them.  It's difficult enough for me to cope with and I often find myself in tears on the phone when trying to sort out the various hoops that have to be jumped through, but it must be far, far worse for someone older than me who doesn't have computer access. I can't imagine how upsetting and difficult it must be for them.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2023, 20:57 »
How utterly frustrating for you. Good luck with the Plan B  :(
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2023, 06:08 »
Jaydig, it may even be something as simple as having your phone on Aeroplane Mode, which I discovered was stopping my bank getting in touch with me!

With the bunch of bananas that I have disguised as fingers***, I've decided never to use my phone for banking, but I do it all at home on a laptop where I can at least see my mistakes..:0~

(*** One night I tried to stop the radio from blaring out by pressing the side switches and got through to the emergency people.. :0(

mrs bouquet

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2023, 16:30 »
My husband recently died.  I now (finally!!!) have probate. The online link to notify his bank of his death and give me access to be able to upload the necessary documents to prove my claim will not work for me. It supposedly sends me a passcode in order to gain access, but fails to do so. Four phone calls later, I have been told by their "Technical" department that the fault is with my mobile provider, who they say has put a block on them sending the code. They insist it has been sent, but that my provider is blocking them out. This, despite the fact that numerous other institutions have no problem sending me codes when needed, and that the bank in question can send me emails no problem, but say the text they are sending is being blocked. I asked why, after all this time, and despite every one and his wife being able to communicate with me this way, they think my provider has chosen them alone to block.  I STILL can't access this portal, and the best they can suggest is that I try to access it with a different mobile phone. Like many others, the local branch of this bank no longer exists and I am not mobile to get to another easily.  Gone are the days when you could talk to a proper human being who could think for themselves and get stuff done instead of working from a crib sheet and being absolutely clueless as to how to sort out problems that are not run of the mill.  I despair.
I am sorry to hear about your loss, I  have lost my darling husband as well.  It is difficult enough to be bereaved without all the hassle you are going through..    Please message me, if you need a natter.  Mrs Bouquet

snowdrops

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2023, 07:29 »
I can understand your frustrations, and Jaydig, I’m pleased to see you back here, I’ve been wondering how you were getting on. I too find the jargon frustrating & often just give up because I haven’t a clue what’s being asked of me on pop up messages etc. I do all our banking on line, even to scanning the odd cheque in & paying it in online which just amazes me. I just hope I stay savvy enough as I age not to get scammed. Good luck with it all & if in doubt pull out!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2023, 08:15 »
I like that phrase "If in doubt, pull out" because our intuition rarely lets us down.

xx
The simplicity and convenience of online banking...

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post March 16, 2024, 10:14
by Goosegirl
xx
Problems getting to sleep? No more...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post January 22, 2022, 23:44
by comfreykid
xx
major problems with pc

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post November 02, 2022, 15:37
by rowlandwells
xx
Electrical problems in threes...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post May 01, 2020, 10:45
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 54 queries.