Aubergines and chilli/peppers. Which prefer the hottest temp / most sunlight?

• 3 Replies

Yana

After a disastrous time with cucumbers in my greenhouse I decided that I would take them out and move the aubergines / chilies / peppers around to give them more space. I've put the aubergines into the greenhouse that where the cucumbers were and gets the most sun and often gets the hottest, however, I'm wondering if I should have moved the chillies /peppers there instead? The greenhouse the chillies /peppers are in gets a lot of the morning sun but is shaded from mid-afternoon.
Everything is in pots so not a problem to move them.
What should I do as I don't want to loose the aubergine fruit that are beginning to grow if the greenhouse they are now in will be too hot?  ???
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

compostqueen

I think chillies like it really hot. I put my aub (just the one this year  :nowink:) outside to sunbathe every day and to get bees etc to it. I put some of my chillies out too. I put them all back in again at night though. Bit of a faff but if I get a good harvest it will have all been worth it  :)

jezza

hi aubergine need 13 degreenight temp 21 ooutside cooler inside theyre suseptible to greenhouse red spider mite peppers require 21to 27 degree c 70to 80 degree farenheit  dont water aubergines over the top they rot very quickly jezza

Yana

That's it then, I need to swop the pots round.
Thanks all.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 38 queries.