the start of the beginging of the end of summer

• 1 Replies

jambop

the start of the beginging of the end of summer
« on: October 22, 2016, 08:50 »
Sigh... well its is starting to get quite cold at night now down here and all of the summer veg has cried enough. I started taking the tomato plants out yesterday and will continue today. Its sad but it must come to an end sometime. We will continue to get some very nice warm days but now time to think about getting all those jobs that I put off when it was too warm done  :)  Like putting up a deer fence and clearing the ground and preparing a site for my new poly tunnel. I don't grow much in the way of winter veg because my ground gets water logged very easily but I may just grow a few things in the tunnel, we don't usually get much in the way  frosts so maybe some herbs and possible a bit of salad stuff. The tunnel is mainly for bringing seedlings on though not for growing stuff in.

Mr Dog

Re: the start of the beginging of the end of summer
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 12:37 »
Like you, I always feel a tinge of sadness when the toms come out. I took mine out yesterday as they were beginning to show signs of botrytis. I did, however, get a bumper crop of green toms that have now been frozen for use over the winter and even found 4 cucumbers hiding away!

xx
Are we in the summer?

Started by Hampshire Hog on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 11, 2015, 00:42
by BumbleJo
xx
NZ Summer

Started by coatesi on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post January 19, 2009, 06:36
by coatesi
xx
After the Summer has gone....

Started by Heidi on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 17, 2008, 13:18
by compostqueen
xx
Here comes summer

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post June 07, 2010, 08:33
by PennyS

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 38 queries.