Chicken-napped !!!

• 12 Replies

francais

• Experienced Member
Chicken-napped !!!
« on: June 19, 2012, 19:54 »
Last night I lost my three youngest girls (this years hatch) and they were stolen! They took two while they free ranged in the back garden. As soon as we found them gone we shooed the rest back ino their pen fearing perhaps Mr Fox.....but it wasn't him, cuz they came back in the night, cut a hole in the roof of the pen and lifted my third one out. I am so so gutted. Can't believe anyone would do this....

I still have my older ladies, but I am guessing someone wanted their own and thought it easier to nick them than buy them.
Toni

Chrysalis

Re: Chicken-napped !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 20:18 »
How awful!  :( :ohmy:

Really sorry about your little chicks.  Can the police do anything?  At least report it, in case it's part of a spate of thefts....

Hope the rest of your flock stays safe...
C

francais

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 20:34 »
Thanks. Wasn't sure if I should report it to the police TBH wasn't sure if they cared about that sort of thing.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 22:17 »
I'd always report stuff like this to the police.

I remember recently being told / reading (don't remember which) about some chicken thefts and the culprits were caught and charged.  The evidence against them was that there were some of the breed identifiable feathers in the garage and without any decent explanation of where they had come from the police charged them  :happy:

Jo57

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 08:13 »
Shocking. How awful for you.

Beano

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 09:09 »
That's terrible. So sorry for you. It's a shame that it's against the law to treat the b***s like you would a fox.
El.

splash101

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 09:29 »
That really is low, especially to come back a second time and cut into the pen.
Its bad enough the lengths we have to go to to protect them against foxes and other preditors let alone having to do it for vermin of the human variety.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 11:25 »
  :ohmy: Oh that's awful. Report it as soon a s you can. Really hope these people can be found and charged!  :(

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 15:20 »
I think it was Shetan who had a similar experience earlier this year.

So sorry for your loss.   :(
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

francais

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 18:54 »
Thank you for the kind words everyone. I know it sounds daft, but I had to put it on here cuz I knew you guys would understand.

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 11:15 »
i've only just read this. hayfever is practically killing me sneeze by sneeze - i'm so sorry for you.

you should report it as soon as you can and either get them to come see the damage or take it to them if they don't seem to bothered. make sure they listen to you.

also, try keeping an eye out for them in case they come back again. some birds are stolen to order and they may have been testing to see security level etc. i don't want to worry you any more but its better to be over cautious at this stage.

i'm guessing from your post that you lock the access doors - hence the reason for cutting in through the roof. but in case anyone else is worried about security try buying window alarms and attaching them to the doors. they make a high pitched shrill noise which even if you're not home - someone surely would notice and look out. might deter anyone from trying again.

keep us posted and lots of hugs to you.
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

j00les

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 18:00 »
how terrible so sorry for your loss

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 23:05 »
That is horrendous! The gull to cut a hole in your pen to get them!  What is wrong with people these days?  Poor little things.  Absolutely persecute them!  Call those police!  This was an intended act of thievery! 
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

xx
Chicken was almost put down

Started by Oliveview on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post June 30, 2013, 00:09
by Oliveview
xx
For the chicken who has everything......

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post October 10, 2015, 16:30
by nerdle
xx
Chicken and cat

Started by Beano on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post February 09, 2011, 19:44
by jinty1911
xx
chicken poo

Started by billathome65 on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post April 02, 2011, 19:34
by billathome65

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 38 queries.