Flymo GLM Rotorvator

• 9 Replies

sandman

Flymo GLM Rotorvator
« on: February 14, 2010, 09:23 »
With the recent aquisition of a large garden plot in addition to the small plot at home I decided it was time to get a rotorvator to take the strain out of all the digging
Last weekend I bought a Flymo GLM which looks identical to the Norlett in the manuals section
It has a 5HP B & S engine which starts first pull & it made easy work of the small plot at home yesterday
However I noticed that the tines have a habit of stalling & you can see the belts slipping in use, Vgroves in the pulleys are shiny right to the bottom so I guess the belts are worn out.
Can any one suggest where I can get hold of replacements or suggest a size & belt type so I can get some from an industrial supplier?
Thanks in advance Duncan

Gwiz

Re: Flymo GLM Rotorvator
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 09:58 »

sandman

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 10:31 »
Thanks Gwiz
Cant find mine on there though!
looking at the manual that came with it looks like it was built around 1981.
Was it a popular model in its day?
I cant find much about it on the tinterweb

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 17:12 »
Flymo use local machinery agents as service dealers.....they can be found from this link.
http://www.flymo.co.uk/node509.aspx

In the case of my local area some of the agents that are listed I know are very long established machinery agents...who will, I'm sure, not have thrown away their older model parts books...so may be able to come up with part numbers/parts and they often annotate their older parts books with the standard belt sizes etc for future reference to cover for obsolete parts....

May be worth a try locally to you.??

Flymo used model names like GLM....but they were backed up by Product Numbers... (9953600-00/0 would be the sort of number string).  These covered minor variations on successive builds and the like... so it may be a good idea to check for any such number often on a sticker on the machine and maybe recorded on your manual too.?....and thus go armed with all info you can put together to help the hunt for belts and or size of to obtain regular belts.

I don't suppose the manual still has its parts list.??...they were sometimes on a separate single A4 sheet extra to the manual.

If  by chance you find original part numbers it may just be that a supplier such as Gwiz suggests has come across them before and has marked their parts refs accordingly..

"Dori"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 18:19 by dorimower »

sandman

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 11:20 »
I've done a bit of digging around & found that the drive belts are obsolete parts from Flymo.
So I measured the old belts up to get a rough size & profile then took them to a local industrial transmissions/bearing supplier & bought the following two belts

Forward belt = SPZ1120
Reverse belt = SPZ1180

Fitted them & tested it this morning, Works a treat 8)

Stoobydoo

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 21:10 »
On e-bay there are reverse belts No-112010 listed as Norlett but I have this number on my " Flymo" manual as reverse belt. I have purchased a couple and they are the real deal. Don't know if the GLM has reverse facility, if it does, they work albeit that it runs upside down.
It's only the hairs on a gooseberry that stop it from being a grape!

sandman

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 20:12 »
The flymo & Norlett machines are the same.
mine has reverse with the belt running upside down as per the Norlett

lkomnino

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 16:47 »
I have bought a GLM Cultivator 9647351, and want to know the length of the belts needed for it. Prt numbers: Forward drive belt: 515112047-00/3 and Reverse: 515112044-00/0. Also what type SPA or SPZ.  'Forward belt = SPZ1120 Reverse belt = SPZ1180', but have measured it with wire and used the Norett 6000 manual for routing diagram, and it measures F=1060mm R=1210mm.
Route for belt as follows: 4 pulleys with crank 2nd and 4th being connected to tines.
Reverse: on 1st, over 2nd, miss 3rd on 4th outer
Drive: On 2nd over 3rd on 4th inner
Totally confused.
There is no spring to hold the 1st pulley uppermost, and the 'spring clip thing' doesn't look like it should be there! I have got an exploded diagram, but it is such low res. that the detail is lost.
Any info. greatly appreciated.
( Sorry for the bump!!)
l.JPG
DSC_0028.JPG

lkomnino

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 07:30 »
Found clip on youtube and took screenshot. seems only missing clip to hold reverse pulley up: 515118380-00/2
Screenshot_20170314-222332.jpg

jezza

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 22:03 »
hi the Flymo  GLM is the same machine as the Norlett Bison Buffallo models  some models have three pulleys for forward and reverse and a third for front mounted implements snow blower  cylinder mower sickle bar mower etc jezza

xx
rotorvator

Started by owein on Equipment Shed

13 Replies
Last post June 30, 2008, 21:09
by Gwiz
clip
Can anyone identify this rotorvator

Started by codereader on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post November 26, 2017, 10:38
by R Tallentire
clip
Rotorvator Identification

Started by Lee Mallett on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post October 12, 2021, 19:54
by jezza
xx
ALKO rotorvator

Started by MontyTom on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post July 26, 2007, 17:02
by MontyTom

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 37 queries.