Ryton / RHS Gardens

• 3 Replies

FatGaz

• Experienced Member
Ryton / RHS Gardens
« on: February 19, 2007, 22:50 »
Has anyone visited either Ryton or one of the RHS gardens? Are they worth visiting? Which is best?  :shock:
:mrgreen:   GAZ   :mrgreen:

Flower

Ryton / RHS Gardens
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 23:26 »
It was some years ago that I visited Ryton and it was a great enlightener for the organic gardening method. The use of comfrey as a fertilizer both liquid and leaves and good composting are the things that I will always remember. They also have a large seed stock of old varieties and sold them.A restuarant provided  all fresh produce from the garden . It was a great day. I shall never forget and I wish I was coming with you.

Plot No 2

Ryton / RHS Gardens
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 09:21 »
The kids will enjoy Ryon. Plenty of space to run. The vegetable museum will keep little ones entertained for a whole morning. Interesting for adults as well.

Bought a single heirloom tomato plant at Ryton last year. I was at the launch of a school play in the garden. Harvested the seeds and they are looking better than any of the F1 or bought varieties I planted a couple of weeks ago.

yummy

Ryton / RHS Gardens
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 14:52 »
I was at Ryton last week. I didn't rate the cafe much.

We were the only people to be served and it still took a good 10 - 15 mins standing at the till whilst they poured two teas and toasted two tea cakes.
The tea cakes were rock hard and burnt badly, yet they were still cold when served (? how) I know it costs them to source organic products but £10 for tea and tea cake x2 (burnt and cold plus waiting ages) seemed a bit steep to me.

I did buy some onion sets. 50 red baron and 50 turbo = 72p (that's more like it hehe)

xx
Ryton Gardens Potato Day

Started by strangerachael on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post November 01, 2009, 20:10
by strangerachael
xx
My gardens

Started by gavinjconway on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post September 02, 2011, 16:12
by gavinjconway
xx
Pictures of gardens

Started by Anton on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 19, 2022, 22:22
by Anton
xx
community gardens

Started by peapod on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 29, 2008, 21:08
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.401 seconds with 38 queries.