Photos of your container gardens

• 4 Replies

cc85

« on: February 06, 2008, 12:20 »
Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has any photos of container gardening and their gardens to share ? Pictures of smaller gardens / yards would be ideal.

Thanks
Craig

paintedlady

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 14:12 »
I've got some photos but I'll have to refresh my memory how I did it last time :roll: and work tends to get in the way (wish I had an office all to my self sometimes :wink: )  I'll get back to you!
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

gobs

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 14:38 »
You could also try the personal galleries.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

paintedlady

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 14:43 »
Okay, had a quick revision and here goes:

Both photos taken in July 2005 before I got an allotment.  This photo is looking down the garden from the patio.  Semi dwarf fruit trees to the left, next to greenhouse celery (self blanching) & rhubarb from seed in pots.  Along the privet hedge are some containers that had potatoes (dying back here)  Note:  DO NOT USE THAT GREEN NETTING FOR BRASSICAS - butterflies get through it!

Next photo looking up towards the house from next to greenhouse.  Ignore my dog :D , you might just see some mature rhubarb in big pots in the background on the patio.  In the foreground, outdoor cucumber, courgette, tomatoes & sweetcorn

And check out my rescued chair - all slats from pallets screwed to a chair frame.  A bit risky to sit down too heavily but generally very comfortable.

Sally A

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 14:58 »
Hi craig, no photos I'm afraid, but I thought of you when I picked up a book in a charity shop called The Contained Garden, by Kenneth Beckett, David Carr & David Stevens - It's from a 1984 W H Smith bookclub, but it mentions the actual sizes of pots needed to grow veg, ie width, depth and number of plants per pot. (Can't see the point in having 1 cauliflower per pot though)

Last year I squeezed 4 dwarf beans into flower buckets and managed to get a late crop in an unheated greenhouse.

Also noticed that Carol Klein has a book on amazon about veg growing in containers.

Hope it helps

xx
My gardens

Started by gavinjconway on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post September 02, 2011, 16:12
by gavinjconway
xx
community gardens

Started by peapod on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 29, 2008, 21:08
by Yorkie
xx
Ryton / RHS Gardens

Started by FatGaz on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 20, 2007, 14:52
by yummy
xx
Pictures of gardens

Started by Anton on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 19, 2022, 22:22
by Anton

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 38 queries.