Disheartened - help and advice required please

• 31 Replies

kev p

Re: Disheartened - help and advice required please
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 21:53 »
Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement; my spirits have been lifted and have been offered the use of a cultivator once i have dug it.

Lou, Jack and Lily are going away this week which will give me plenty of baby free time to enjoy our plot, plus we have lost midmorning and mid afternoon feeds  which makes things easier.

I am really shuffed because have just got through my planning permission for shed and greenhouse so roll on my 30th birthday for a shiny new greenhouse off my MIL and a shed off the Mrs.

Kev

Babycat

• Experienced Member
Re: Disheartened - help and advice required please
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2010, 07:56 »
Kev - i got my plot the same week in september that I found out i was pg.  we didnt get very far at all the first season and i am still struggling to find the time in year 3 but it gets better.  The first season (bearing in mind come spring i was a whale) I managed to convince DH to help dig enough space for 3 rows of potatoes and 2 onion. we also enjoyed 2 massive pumpkins in october.  the tomatoes and peas i grew at home in the garden.

dig and cover dig and cover and dont worry so much about crop this season.  it will pay off next year.

and don't listen to the 'helpful' chat on the allotment.  a 60 year old retired man has all the time on their hands and i work full time, my dh works shifts and we have a kid - so i do what i can when i can.  the 5 pounds of raspberries i harvested last ssummer didnt taste any better or worse for the fact that my plot is a bit messy and i lost a row of onions to weeds.

twins are awesome and you will never get this time back so enjoy it. Google Graco Pack and Play sport playpen - it saved my sanity as I was able to take stinky to the allotment on nice days. you just need fairly soft ground and some padding in the pen.  i put it on the path which is soft grass and stacked it with a couple of soft blankets and it would give me 2-3 hours at the lottie. we also used it at home in the garden a lot.  babies sleep a lot and need fresh air, perfect combination :-)
"This too shall pass"  King Solomon

clip
Advice required.

Started by Russell Atterbury on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post October 25, 2022, 13:27
by mumofstig
xx
Spud Advice Required

Started by SalB on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post October 27, 2008, 11:51
by gregmcalister
xx
Manure advice required

Started by mrsparkle on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post January 23, 2011, 19:09
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Veg patch advice required please

Started by soaplady on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post January 24, 2008, 11:30
by soaplady

Page created in 0.36 seconds with 35 queries.