3-2-1...Blastoff!

• 2 Replies

Mogman

3-2-1...Blastoff!
« on: November 14, 2014, 08:37 »
The work starts today...getting the plot ready for spring. Today's projects are; A) putting in gateposts, B) Improving the lot of the 8 shubunkins/goldfish that keep the tiny garden pond free of mozzies! I'll get my better half, Bjarna, to take photos and I'll start a photographic record of the winter's effort.

Sitting with a "kick-start" coffee just now sketching out the whole plot as it stands, waiting for my young friend Bay, who's a brickie and will sort out the aquatics. I'm recently retired and really miss having projects to get to grips with and this could well be what I really need in my life.

I've always been active, being an independent sign-writer for much of my adult life and building homes/gardens in my spare time as well as having been angler, shooter and kajak/sailing instructor among other things. Time for a sea-change!

Paul Plots

Re: 3-2-1...Blastoff!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 04:44 »
It sounds as if you are going to be busy Mogman. Here's hoping the weather is kind to you as you start off.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Mogman

Re: 3-2-1...Blastoff!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 08:27 »
Can't say the weather's been that kind, Paul, but the rain stayed off long enough for my mate and I to build the aquatic event, also to get out and buy the necessary for the garden gate, etc. Now we have gales and periodic heavy showers so am waiting for enough of a window to mix the concrete and get the posts in. Sould happen today if all goes well.
Jon

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 38 queries.