Lawn treatment

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

Lawn treatment
« on: April 23, 2024, 13:27 »
What is the first thing to do this weekend and what preparations must I buy.   Thanks.  The new gardener starts on Saturday   ;)  and whilst he seems ok, I am not sure about his knowledge.  He doesnt offer anything just does what I tell him, which is good provided I know.  Thanks,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Lawn treatment
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 08:58 »
A general purpose lawn weed and feed (and with a moss killer if needed) would be good but don't apply it 3 days just before mowing the lawn, then don't cut the lawn for 3 days afterwards. Also don't compost the mowings for at least three cuts after so as not to contaminate the compost bin stuff. To apply it, use gloves and do it by hand or get a lawn feed spreader, depending on the size of your lawn. Scarifying is an autumn job.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 13:28 »
Thanks GG off down the garden centre now.  Mrs B

jezza

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:20 »
Hello I'll tell you opposite to Goosegirl ,its the way I was taught by a groundsman and it works  first apply a fertilizer like grow more encourage the grass to grow stronger ,then apply an appropriate lawn weed killer (wont suggest the best ingredients on here as the moderators get upset) apply exactly as the packaging says ,then after 5 days when the weeds are curling up give the grass a mow,I've never used a "weedand feed lawn fertilizer not enough of any ingredients in them ,when you've killed the weeds do the moss using Sulphate of iron at 4oz per gallon of water to 10 square yards  of lawn it kills moss over night then scarify the lawn, then slitter/aerator /spike the lawn ,do not spike then scarify it doesnt do the scarifier tinescany good    jezza

xx
Lawn treatment help

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post April 12, 2021, 12:24
by mrs bouquet
xx
Weed treatment

Started by lightyears on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post May 18, 2008, 06:26
by DD.
xx
Botrytis - Help with treatment please.

Started by adri on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post November 10, 2018, 11:00
by mumofstig
xx
pests on sweet pea flowers - id and treatment

Started by Sue32 on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post July 12, 2009, 09:24
by Sue32

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 39 queries.