recipes to make cider / wine from variouse fruit

• 2 Replies

Ladyrose56

recipes to make cider / wine from variouse fruit
« on: December 21, 2009, 10:17 »
Can anybody help me in finding recipes for making cider / wine from the fruit i grow on my allotment i have looked around but had no look so far i am really new to this wine /cider making lark and want to get it right so if any body know of a good book where i can get these recipes from it would be a great help look forward to hear from you all   8) :tongue2: ::)[color=blue

Apples Pears Cherries Plums Peaches Apricots Damsoms Blueberries Blackcurrants Rasberries Grapes Oranges

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: recipes to make cider / wine from variouse fruit
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:53 »
Try searching this forum for "wine making books" - that gives you some suggestions for a start.

You could also try searching this forum for the specific recipes there's one message about cherry wine, for a start.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

SG6

Re: recipes to make cider / wine from variouse fruit
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 21:33 »
Wander along to a reasonable book shop, Waterstones etc and see what they have available.

I would suggest that you have a look through a few and see what their recipes involve. Some books read like a chemistry lesson others are basic and have, in effect, little more then water, sugar and fruit.

The ones with several substances to add mean that you will need a local wine making suppliers, can be a disadvantage. Equally the more simplistic recipes mean that you are reliant on the trace items being present from them.

If this is your first foray into wime makingh then I suggest that you ignore measuring the specific gravity at start and finish and simply get used to making a few wines. You can go into detailed bits later.

Would be worth looking round for a wine making suppliers, especially one in your area, simply they can supply all the items you need.

Some Wilkinsons have a fair selection of wine making items, but not all stock the same range.

Books I have around:
CJ Berry, 130 Winemaing Recipes,
Homemade Country Wines,
Brian Leverett, Basic Winemaking
HE Bravery, The Complete Book of Homemade Winemaking

xx
How can i make my wine sweeter - and I need half size bottles for wine.

Started by composthappens on Homebrew

10 Replies
Last post July 31, 2013, 23:39
by Jackypam
xx
Turbo cider/Ribena wine

Started by theboywhowouldnthoecorn on Homebrew

3 Replies
Last post April 11, 2012, 16:44
by Alastair-I
xx
How do you make a cider fizzy?

Started by wisp on Homebrew

10 Replies
Last post June 08, 2007, 19:23
by seadart
xx
Wine/Beer/Cider Kits at The Range

Started by Auntiemogs on Homebrew

4 Replies
Last post November 28, 2013, 19:47
by Auntiemogs

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 35 queries.