Venturing Out

• 28 Replies

rowlandwells

Re: Venturing Out
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2020, 15:17 »
i maid my comments known in chatting on the plot because you either abide by the advise given by those medical chiefs or do your own thing and suffer the consequences together with i don't care about the NHS and others  >:(

dugless

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 16:42 »
I have stayed in from the beginning and used the time to sort out my garden at last 4 years in the wiring. But I will have to go down the allotment soon I have a load of hedge cuttings that are now in the way
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

al78

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 00:50 »
I'm going out for food shopping and to work on my allotment, and that's about it. I have had little to no face-to-face human contact for the best part of two months.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 11:42 »
Definitely staying put for a while yet.   U3A has a Sunday Lunch Club and we meet once a month at different venues.   The organiser sent us all an email to gauge our feelings, we all said no. It has now been postponed until next year.
But given that I only read in bed, I have read 19 books in 11 weeks.   :D  The trouble is I have run out now.
Stay safe.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 18:04 »
Mrs B, is your library doing ebooks?  You could look into that.  And there are lots of free books on Amazon, which you read with the Kindle App - you don't need a separate ebook reader.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mrs bouquet

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 12:06 »
It is excellent for some Yorkie,  but not me.  I go to sleep whilst reading    :lol:  Can you imagine waking up laying on your open and switched on laptop.  :ohmy:  But I just love proper books, the feel of the paper, the smell, and who else has read and enjoyed.     I expect the library will re-open soon.  Mrs B

Growster...

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 13:58 »
Just bought five books for Mrs Growster on Ebay. There are some amazing bargains to be had!

One set I bought for her last year cost peanuts, and were all stamped 'Walsall Public Library', and presumably they were originally sold as redundant stock for just pennies!

But it was 'supply and demand', and the few quid I paid included postage, so everyone was happy!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2020, 16:02 »
Just bought five books for Mrs Growster on Ebay. There are some amazing bargains to be had!

One set I bought for her last year cost peanuts, and were all stamped 'Walsall Public Library', and presumably they were originally sold as redundant stock for just pennies!

But it was 'supply and demand', and the few quid I paid included postage, so everyone was happy!
I buy most of my books this way, usually in very good condition, especially the ex-library ones :)
Then when I've read them they usually get donated to one of Ashford's many charity shops, so they earn their keep   :lol:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 16:03 by mumofstig »

Growster...

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2020, 16:34 »
I think that some of the charity shops are doing the selling anyway, Mum - it makes sense doesn't it!

(Off topic, but have just seen what Quinn Estates are planning in Kennington, near The Croft! Blimey - yet another town arriving)!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2020, 16:49 »
(Off topic, but have just seen what Quinn Estates are planning in Kennington, near The Croft! Blimey - yet another town arriving)!
I haven't - now off to have a gander  ::)

jaydig

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 18:11 »
My Hubby and I have decided to ignore every "expert", and go with what we know to be true.  Covid 19 is STILL rampant in this country. There is currently no vaccine.  There are enough idiots about to ensure it can be spread to most of the population.  Therefore we go nowhere other than home or the allotment, and that is the way it will stay until we either have a vaccine, or Covid19 is no more.  I'd love to pop to the shops, go for a coffee, have a little holiday - but we can do these things later.  You're a long time dead, and there's no cure for that, so the game isn't worth the candle.

Goosegirl

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2020, 12:58 »
Jaydig, I so agree with you. We're trying to move house but no way at the moment because of my OH's ill-health, so we're staying in total lock-down until we get more info. I'm not holding my breath until the Christmas decs come down!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2020, 12:11 »
Yesterday my Son-in-Law advised me to take the car for a drive, a) the battery and b) to move the position of the tyres.    I pootled along the A24, and was totally shocked at the amount of traffic and mad bikers.  It was like a race-track.   I was so pleased to complete my circuit (no stops) and just get back home.    Mrs Bouquet

MrsPea

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2020, 17:05 »
Not a lot has changed today Mrs B we went to Ashington to have a walk round also to run the car there was still loads of crazy motor bikes around, we did a round robin came back round by Amberlery  loads of people along the river car park was stuffed.
I Love my green house

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 55 queries.