food packaging

• 20 Replies

rowlandwells

Re: food packaging
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2020, 15:34 »
I like the bit about the postage stamps that mite be something to think about in that story John but we can all talk about this till the cows come home but lets be honest until they find a vaccine or something to stop this terrible virus and i pray to god they will its going to be with us for some time to come and i fear take many more innocent lives

Growster...

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2020, 19:54 »
Just a thought for anyone over a certain age...
1969 wasn't 2020 aka COVID-1984 - Copy.jpg

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2020, 23:38 »
Just a thought for anyone over a certain age...
I was 14 and had other things to worry about, like a girlfriend's father! :) Happy days :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

al78

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2020, 10:58 »
There is taking precautions, then there is paranoia, and I am not living the rest of my life in fear of an extremely unlikely event.

Unless I missed something in HH's post, I don't think anyone was suggesting you should.

For people classed as being in a vulnerable group or extremely vulnerable, or living with someone they are trying to shield, is it a very different situation to the one most of us are experiencing.  I don't think cleaning groceries is as uncommon as you may think it is.  A bit of kindness and consideration from others goes a long way in making things easier for people living in real fear of getting ill because of other health issues :)

I do know people in the vulnerable category and can relate to their concerns, but as I said, there is being careful and there is over the top, and allowing fear to take over your life is not a life worth living IMO. Sorry, but most of the time, I prefer logic over emotion, and following official guidance should be sufficient to minimise catching the virus. One of my friends who will almost certainly die if she gets it is still going out shopping and going for walks, in other words, making the best of a bad situation and trying to maintain some sense of normality.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2020, 11:25 »
I do know people in the vulnerable category and can relate to their concerns, but as I said, there is being careful and there is over the top, and allowing fear to take over your life is not a life worth living IMO. Sorry, but most of the time, I prefer logic over emotion, and following official guidance should be sufficient to minimise catching the virus. One of my friends who will almost certainly die if she gets it is still going out shopping and going for walks, in other words, making the best of a bad situation and trying to maintain some sense of normality.
I tend to agree with you there. I think if there was a significant risk from your shopping, delivered parcels etc. we'd still be seeing an exponential growth rate. Having said that, I'm neither a virologist or epidemiologist. I will say this though, if I was 30 and fit I'd be OK about shopping in a supermarket. Being 65 makes a trip to the Tesco 'click and collect' like a mission into enemy territory.
Life becomes far more precious when threatened.

Growster...

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 14:38 »
One way to shop, is to start at the other end of the store if you can, that way you pass others only briefly. The first time the security man suggested this, it threw my list into disarray, and I had to read it upside down, which is a bit awkward when you get to the spuds at the end, instead of the beginning...

I do find though, that I almost stop breathing when I pass someone else, which makes the strangled 'gasp' at the end of the aisle a bit scary for the stackers...

clip
My food is looking at me!

Started by DanielCoffey on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post April 06, 2020, 14:03
by DanielCoffey
xx
Plant Food !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post July 25, 2018, 19:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Student food...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post July 31, 2018, 08:51
by LILLILEAF
clip
Food waste

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post October 20, 2021, 16:50
by jezza

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 42 queries.