I need help! LOL

• 12 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
I need help! LOL
« on: August 04, 2011, 16:21 »
Please somebody help me  ::)   :nowink:

The 2012 David Austin rose catalogue has arrived, lots of beautiful roses his modern 'English' roses and the lovely old ones...................oh for a really huge garden and the bank balance to match, so I could fill it with them *sigh*

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: I need help! LOL
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 16:26 »
Repeat after me....."My name is Lesley and I haven't got room for any more roses in my garden"......

:)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 16:29 »
They are beautiful, aren't they!  :)

I've found room for 4 English roses in my garden and they are all tremendous performers with the exception of Summer Song, which both myself and a couple of friends have found to lack the vigorous growth of the others.

None of them cost more than £8 from garden centres; for some reason although they usually cost around the £12-13 mark as potted plants they can sometimes be found for less (excess stock?)  :unsure:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 16:54 »
Repeat after me....."My name is Lesley and I haven't got room for any more roses in my garden"......

:lol: :lol:

w  e  l  l .......I do need (at least) 1 more for the bed where I had the old cherry tree cut down.
None of the shade loving stuff is happy there now, obviously, so roses would be a good idea I think. Mmmmmm

It's so easy to rationalise at least 1 more, I find...but it's a slippery slope for me...
*sliding off - right now*

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 17:08 »
Whoops! There she goes.........................................

:D

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 18:44 »

The 2012 David Austin rose catalogue has arrived, lots of beautiful roses his modern 'English' roses and the lovely old ones...................oh for a really huge garden and the bank balance to match, so I could fill it with them *sigh*

Jamie is going to win the euro lottery so maybe he can help (he's having a run of good luck) :D

sion01

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 18:57 »

:lol: :lol:

w  e  l  l .......I do need (at least) 1 more for the bed where I had the old cherry tree cut down.
None of the shade loving stuff is happy there now, obviously, so roses would be a good idea I think. Mmmmmm

It's so easy to rationalise at least 1 more, I find...but it's a slippery slope for me...
*sliding off - right now*

Put the catalogue down NOW and back away slowly

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 06:39 »

Jamie is going to win the euro lottery so maybe he can help (he's having a run of good luck) :D

What? Will he buy mum a large piece of land on which to plant all those roses? :D

PurplePixie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 08:27 »

Aww, it's my turn this week!....i've had awful luck this week so I'm due summat good and I've read sooooo many catalogues over the last few weeks and drooled over a copy of The Edible Garden and needed one of everything in it....and raised beds...and them trug things on wheels to plant potatoes in...and a huuuge greenhouse....and a pond...and some ducks...and a shed....and a new hose....and a nice tree to hang a ladybird house on...and a....ooo, lots....and somewhere to put it all so a nice lil house with a big garden as well  :D

If I win I'll buy us all something nice  ;)

sion01

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 11:55 »
o no it's catching.I've got the catalogue today and there's 8 rose's that I've got to have ,a standard would look good in a pot in the front of the house too aaaannnnooooo

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 12:17 »
commiserations!

They all look so beautiful..........but will they look just the same in my garden?

The truthful answer is, most of the time, but not always :(

Jamie Butterworth

• Young Gardener at Chelsea Flower Show - 2014, 2015
  • BBC3 Young Gardener Of The Year 2011 - Finalist
    • Jamie Butterworth
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 12:26 »

:lol: Hopefully :lol: If i do ill buy you some roses mumofstig :lol: :D :D
If you want to be happy for a short time - get drunk.

If you want to be happy for a long time - fall in love.

If you want to be happy forever - take up gardening!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 12:28 »
Ahhhh :wub:  what a kind young man you are  ;)

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 30 queries.