Merry Tiller help...

• 6 Replies

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Merry Tiller help...
« on: March 07, 2008, 11:46 »
my stringy thing that I pull to start the engine on my rotorvator has snapped.. what do i need to look for as a replacement? you can see i know all the technical names for these things...  :oops:  :oops:

Also, the metal skiddy thingy at the back that you put on instead of the wheels when turning the soil, do you have it longer or shorter to dig deeper?

I feel such a fool asking these question you know...

Cheers
SG

Gwiz

Merry Tiller help...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:39 »
your stringy thingy (recoil start) is part of the engine housing (if a briggs engine).
Its held on by four (sometimes three) 10mm headed bolts (or the imperial size 9/16) take it of, and buy a new recoil rope. Dont remove the recoil pulley, as there is a spring behind it that is under tension. put a knot in one end of the string. remove all of the old string from the pulley. pre tension the recoil pulley by winding it in the same direction it goes when you pull the rope out to start it ( about 4 to five turns) line up the hole that the string goes through on the pulley, with the one the rope goes through in the side of the housing, and push the unknotted end through the pulley and out of the housing. fit the recoil handle, and let trhe pulley wind itself back slowly.
refit and go dig the allotment. the skid is lowered into the soil to dig deeper.
enjoy. :wink:

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Merry Tiller help...
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 15:51 »
Nice one.. thanks Graham

So any of these will do the jobbie?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=recoil+rope

shaun

Merry Tiller help...
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 16:19 »
all these jobs should have been done in the winter,oil change,filter change or washed out with petrol,all moving parts greased and lubed up,discard last years fuel and replace with new,chech your pull cord for damage  :roll:  :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

shaun

Merry Tiller help...
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 16:20 »
ohh sadgit you can buy pull cord from most hardware shops by the metre

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Merry Tiller help...
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 18:08 »
Quote from: "shaun"
all these jobs should have been done in the winter,oil change,filter change or washed out with petrol,all moving parts greased and lubed up,discard last years fuel and replace with new,chech your pull cord for damage  :roll:  :wink:

yeah err yeah.. I did err none of those things.. only just worked out how to top up the petrol.. filter you say? like a coffee filter? Seriously I have no idea about stuff like this, I am an IT manager, so what do I know :)

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Merry Tiller help...
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 09:03 »
Thanks for the help.. I managaed to get some rope stuff and all fitted and works like a dream now. Well it did conck out after 30 mins on Friday and I couldn't work out what was wrong with it...

Err The petrol tank was bone dry.. oops :D

xx
merry tiller and mantis tiller - compare/contrast?

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 17, 2007, 05:17
by Gwiz
xx
merry tiller help

Started by nick1854 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post October 11, 2011, 17:11
by nick1854
xx
Merry Tiller

Started by johhnyscenic on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post September 16, 2023, 16:32
by JGM
xx
Merry Tiller Help

Started by John on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post February 04, 2006, 20:48
by John

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 36 queries.