Need advice with a replacement v belt for wizard rotavator

• 9 Replies

shrimp

I bought a A43 v belt thinking it would fit my wizard rotavator but it's slightly to loose so is my only option to buy W25629.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:34 by shrimp »

Dave NE

• Experienced Member
Re: Need advice with a replacement v belt for wizard rotavator
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 10:15 »
Most belt suppliers will source you one if you give them the spindle centre length and diameter of the pulleys + pulley width, a V belt works on the flanks of the pulley so if it sits at the bottom it is classed as worn out, cheers Dave
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:29 by Dave NE »
Today i will be mainly wearing no trousers

mower man

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 10:17 »
w25626  ???    A43  =  w25629   now  F016W25629  But if A43 is to large  why not try A42
or if  you can still get them  A42.5
You may be only one person in the world,  but you may also be the world to one person.

shrimp

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 12:45 »
Most belt suppliers will source you one if you give them the spindle centre length and diameter of the pulleys + pulley width, a V belt works on the flanks of the pulley so if it sits at the bottom it is classed as worn out, cheers Dave
Do you know any good belt suppliers online as the one I contacted said W25629 is A43.5.

Gerry Norris

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 07:11 »
OR if you have your old Belt take it to a GOOD automotive supplies shop and they should be able to match one up, that's how I sourced my Vee-belt. :) simples.

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 09:46 »
The Wizard was originally fitted with a cloth wrapped belt, but Webb changed to "moulded notch" belts for the late Cadet which had the same pulleys and chassis. Atco's belt number for this was W25629. All Merry Tillers will allow for a fair bit of variation in belt length so an A43 can probably be used. Adjust the skate wheel lifting arm to suit the new belt. Some belts can be a bit "soft" and don't allow the belt to form a proper loop through the guide and round the crankshaft pulley when de-clutched, so you have to be careful of that when choosing a belt.
R Tallentire

shrimp

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 22:00 »
. Adjust the skate wheel lifting arm to suit the new belt. Some belts can be a bit "soft" and don't allow the belt to form a proper loop through the guide and round the crankshaft pulley when de-clutched, so you have to be careful of that when choosing a belt.
How do you know the skate wheel is adjusted correctly? The skate wheel on mine is resting on the tine cover when the clutch lever is released.

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 12:51 »
I've scanned and tried to upload the clutch adjustment instructions from the book but for some reason it won't upload. There is part of a Wizard or Cadet manual on this site somewhere, or you could buy one.

shrimp

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 14:53 »
I've scanned and tried to upload the clutch adjustment instructions from the book but for some reason it won't upload. There is part of a Wizard or Cadet manual on this site somewhere, or you could buy one.
I got a manual but as I need I cannot find it. Does the jockey wheel need to be touching the belt when the clutch lever is disengaged as at the moment the jockey wheel is not touching the belt until I press the clutch.

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 22:21 »
Acording to the book, "the clutch should start to engage when the lever is raised about two thirds."
Wizard clutch adjustment2.jpg

xx
wizard drive belt

Started by nicholas rees on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post August 17, 2009, 21:04
by nicholas rees
xx
Merry Tiller Cadet / Wizard drive belt probs.

Started by Papworth Cliff on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post February 14, 2016, 19:26
by Papworth Cliff
xx
Replacement drive belt for Landmaster 88 rotovator

Started by bburn on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post September 10, 2007, 16:26
by SimonH
xx
Mountfield M1 Rotavator belt sizes

Started by Ianhw77k on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post September 23, 2014, 23:13
by Ianhw77k

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 38 queries.